Designation/Position- MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships
University of Agder (UiA), Norway invites application for MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships from eligible and interested candidates
About- TheUniversity of Agder (UiA) is a major education and research institution located in the south of Norway, divided between two campuses in Kristiansand and Grimstad, respectively. The university enrols more than 13 000 students and employs more than 1300 administrative and academic staff. The Faculty of Science and Engineering has a wide range of research communities and invites expression of interests within various fields and across all four departments. MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships
Associate professor Filippo Sanfilippo at the Department of Engineering Sciences, University of Agder, hereby invites expressions of interest from excellent post-doctoral researchers to apply for Marie Skłodowska-Curie – Postdoctoral Fellowships (MSCA-PF) scheme with the University of Agder as the host organization.
The Department of Engineering Sciences conducts research in multiple fields including civil engineering, renewable energy, and mechatronics. The department hosts the research centre SFI Offshore Mechatronics funded by the Research Council of Norway as well as the priority research centre Top Research Centre Mechatronics (TRCM). The centres and research groups at the department maintain strong and close links to the public sector and industry partners.
More Opportunities: RePORT International Cross-Consortium RFP: Call for Proposal | Award Worths $1…
Location- University of Agder (UiA), Norway
- PhD in technology of engineering with focus on modelling and with knowledge in automatic control, mechatronics, cybernetics, computer science and/or similar fields.
- Working knowledge of Linux, the Robot Operating System (ROS), the Gazebo simulation environment and multiple programming languages
- Experience with the challenges of designing and rapid-prototyping robotic systems
- Strong academic credentials and previous publications
- Personal suitability, good communication and teamwork skills, inventiveness, and a proactive approach, will be emphasized in the evaluation as well as relevant practical experience. The Postdoctoral Fellow will be expected to contribute to an active research community that promotes personal and professional growth.
- The position places great demands on the applicant’s capacity for independent goal-oriented work, ability to concentrate and attention to detail.
- In return, we offer the opportunity to contribute to the strategic capabilities of a world-class research organization. The Postdoctoral fellow will collaborate with top scientists in your field and have excellent prospects for personal development in an innovative working environment for aspiring researchers.
- Applicants will be assessed on the basis of academic background and results, attainment, and any previous research and development work.
Formal requirements for the applicants at the date of the call deadline:
- A doctoral degree
- All nationalities
- At the call deadline (September 2021), the applicant must have a maximum of 6 years full-time equivalent experience in research, measured from the date that the applicant was in a possession of a doctoral degree
- The applicant cannot have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the beneficiary (Norway) for more than 12 months in the last three years immediately before the call deadline
- Only one proposal per individual researcher may be submitted to the MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships call
The MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships provide living allowance covering one to two years’ salary, a mobility allowance, as well as research, training and networking costs and overheads for the host institution.
The applicants submit proposals for funding jointly with the host organisation (UiA).
The MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowship proposals are evaluated on their research quality, the researcher’s future career prospects, and the support offered by the host organisation. All domains of research and technological development are eligible for funding.
How to Apply-
Submit your expression of interest via e-mail to filippo.sanfilippo[at]uia.no including a single pdf file consisting of:
- Motivation letter (max 1 page)
- CV (max 4 pages)
- Summary of the project idea (max 1 page)
Candidates for further interactions will be pre-selected following an internal evaluation. The candidates will be informed of the pre-selection results no more than two weeks after the deadline. All the selected applicants will be supported by the UiA research services in preparing the final proposals.