Designation/Position- Call for Proposals at C3iHub
C3iHub, IIT Kanpur invites application for Call for Proposals at C3iHub from eligible and interested candidates
About- The newly formed C3iHub at IIT Kanpur under the National Mission on Cyber Physical Systems of the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, aims to address the issue of cyber security of cyber physical systems in its entirety — from analysing security vulnerabilities and developing tools to address them at various levels of system architecture, to translating these tools to deployment-ready software, to nucleating start-ups developing these tools at scale, to partnering with industries in this domain and to foster co-development and transfer of these technologies. Call for Proposals at C3iHub
The view taken of cyber physical system is that like most information systems it is architected as multiple abstraction layers. In particular, most cyber-physical systems have nine identifiable layers as follows: (1) Hardware layer (processors, storage devices etc.), (2) Microarchitecture layer (efficient execution of machine language instructions), (3) Firmware layer (instruction set for booting and device operations), (4) Operating System layer (managing of resources in computing elements) (5) Network layer (enabling communication between computers and devices), (6) Application layer (encapsulating application functionalities) (7) Distribution layer (mechanism to manage application distributed over multiple computers), (8) System Architecture layer (design of automation setup for CPS), (9) Physical Dynamics layer (dynamics of the physical system under the control of the cyber components).
The work in Hub will encompass all the above nine layers: analysing various vulnerabilities in each layer and developing tools for addressing them. Three types of CPS will be in focus to begin with: Critical Infrastructure, Automotive Systems, UAVs.
Research/Job Area- Cyber Security
Location- IIT Kanpur
This solicitation invites proposals that aim at developing methodologies and tools for 1. Analysis of security vulnerabilities in any of the above layers in various CPS verticals (Critical Infrastructure, Automotive, UAVs) 2. Mitigating systems and software to address these vulnerabilities 3. Cryptographic techniques that are light-weight yet sufficiently secure for use in real-time control systems communication
C3i Hub: The Technology Innovation Hub on Cyber Security of Cyber Physical Systems Program on Innovation Ecosystem Building
Anticipated Funding Types: 3-years Project Funding and 2-years Project Funding
Estimated Number of Awards: 40
For 3 years project: Max. 40 lacs
For 2 years project: Max 20 lacs
Limit on number of Proposals per PI: maximum One as PI, max 2 as Co-PI
Plagiarism Policy: Each proposal will go through plagiarism check and if found any more than 10% material to be copied from existing resources, the proposal will be immediately rejected
How to Apply-
Proposal Preparation Instruction
The proposal is to be submitted as a pdf file of no more than 14 pages. It should be in Arial font with font size no less than 11, and the margins on each page should be 1 inch minimum on all 4 sides. Proposals failing to following the formatting instructions or page limits will be immediately rejected.
- Proposal Title
- Name of PI and Co-PI and their affiliations
- Type of Proposal (2 years or 3 years)
- Budget Total
- Executive summary (no more than 1 page – describing clearly the problem being solved, deliverables, potential of the solution for industrial application)
- Proposal Body (no more than 8 pages): The problem and its context, the exact formulation of the problem in scientific terms, why the problem needs solving in reference to existing tools and techniques, the methodology (including data collection, data processing, algorithmic methods), the deliverables (in terms of artifacts produced) , clear set of milestones, timeline for achieving each milestone, summary of past work of the PI and Co-PI justifying their expertise in tackling the chosen problem, and how the solution will be useful in cyber security practice and industry in short term. Also, bibliographic references must fit within these 8 pages. No exceptions on page limits or formatting specification.
- Yearly break up budget into categories – equipment, manpower, contingency, consumable, travel.
- Maximum 1 page of budget justification with narrative description of the need for the budget in each category.
- Endorsement letter from the institute.
Cognizant Program Officers:
Chief Industry Relations Officer
Email – email@example.com
Dr. Tanima Hajra
Chief Operating Officer
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Queries may be sent to Dr. Tanima Hajra.
Last Date for Apply– 26 February 2021 (due by 5 pm IST)
You can get our Regular updates on Telegram also