56DAAD Scholarship for Postgraduate Courses in Germany
Applications are invited for DAAD scholarships for Postgraduate Courses in Germany from developing countries’ students.
Designation/Position- Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS)-DAAD Scholarship056
About- With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Research/Job Area- DAAD Scholarships are awarded for pursuing development-related postgraduate courses.
- Candidates fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
Who can apply?
Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience
What can be funded?
Individual scholarships exclusively for Postgraduate courses in Germany that are listed on the “List of all Postgraduate courses with application deadlines”.
Duration of the funding
12 to 36 months (dependent on study programme)
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 750 euros for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
How to Apply- Required documents (in the following order):
- DAAD application form
- hand-signed CV (please use the europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/)
- hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation)
- research exposé (if required by university)
- academic letter/s of recommendation from your university; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
- professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
- confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home
- Proof of language abilities
– English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: Institutional TOEFL will not be accepted)
– German – necessary for the courses taught in German; for the courses taught in English, if available
– copies of awarded academic degrees
– copies of academic transcripts
– copy of School Leaving Certificate
Note: Some courses may require additional documents. For detailed information, please see the relevant course description on the following pages. All documents must be submitted as identical duplicates.