Joint Indo-Swedish Industrial R&D proposals By by DST-Vinnova Sweden
Designation/Position- Joint Indo-Swedish Industrial R&D proposals
Department of Science & Technology (DST) and Vinnova (Sweden) invites application for Joint Indo-Swedish Industrial R&D proposals from eligible and interested company
About- Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India and
Swedish Governmental Agency for InnovaƟon Systems (Vinnova) have
created funding mechanisms through which companies may seek support
for joint R&D projects. Indo-Swedish Industrial R&D proposals
This India – Sweden programme aims to foster & support the development of collaborative R&D projects that bring together companies, research organizations, academics and other collaborators from both countries for the joint development of innovate products or processes. The project should aim to develop technologies that can be commercialized after 2 years through joint cooperation between India and Sweden.
Research/Job Area- Smart Cities & Clean Technologies and Digitization and Internet of Things (IOT)
This may include, but is not limited to:
• Transport & mobility; Electrical vehicles, Autonomous vehicles, Traffic safety, Mobility as a service, Reduction in traffic congestion, Digital solution, etc.
• Environmental technologies; Eco–system services, Clean water and air, Waste management, Renewable energy, etc.
• Circular and bio-based economy; Bio-based materials, Bio-fuels, Resource efficiency in consumption and production, Waste-to-wealth, etc.
• Energy; Reduced energy consumption and carbon dioxide emissions, Alternative fuels and mobile energy sources, Renewable energy, Energy storage, Resource-efficient infrastructure planning, etc.
• City planning; ICT for urban technical supply, Geodata, tools for dialogue with citizens, etc.
Location- Global Innovation & Technology Alliance (GITA)
• The Indian Project Lead (IPL) (i.e. lead company) must be a commercial (for profit) company under the Indian Companies Act 1956/2013, which operates in and is
headquartered in India.
• At least 51% stake of the IPL Company must be owned by Indian citizens.
• The IPL should have the required expertise and team capacity to manage the proposed project.
• Sole proprietors and partnership firms are not eligible for support under this programme • Companies headquartered and owned outside India and their subsidiaries in India, or vice versa, are not eligible to receive funding from DST/ GITA under this programme.
• IPL should lead the project from Indian side and if required bring in other Industry Partners or Academic/R&D Institution as Consortium Partners.
Job/Position Description- This Programme is being implemented by Global Innovation & Technology Alliance (GITA) on behalf of DST in India, and Vinnova in Sweden.
the joint development of innovate products or processes. The project
should aim to develop technologies that can be commercialized after 2 years
through joint cooperation between India and Sweden.
• Full-Scale R&D Projects, focused on codevelopment of new products, processes or
• Product Adaptation Projects
JOINT R&D PROJECT WILL BE CO-FUNDED BY INDIAN & SWEDISH GOVT.
Conditional Grant of upto 50% with a limit of INR 1.5 Crs per project to Indian project partners
How to Apply-
Last Date for Apply– 19 August 2019