Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship Position in IIT Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India
Designation/Position- Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship Position
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India invites application forInstitute Postdoctoral Fellowship Position from eligible and interested candidates
About- IIT Gandhinagar was founded in 2008 and is located in Palaj, Gandhinagar, Gujarat on the banks of river Sabarmati. IITGN is rated India’s first 5-star GRIHA LD (Green) campus for minimizing the negative impact on the environment. The campus has been declared India’s first 5-star campus for ensuring food safety and promoting healthy eating.
Research/Job Area- Mathematics
Location- Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India
Successful candidate will be have
- A Ph.D. in a relevant subject, such as applied mathematics, engineering, or physics (must be completed or have submitted Ph.D. thesis)
- Expertise in mathematical modeling and scientific computing, perturbation theory, low Reynolds number flow
- Experience with hydrodynamic stability theory
- Experience in nonlinear dynamics and their manifestation in experimental and/or natural settings
- Experience with collaboration in research, such as being an active part of an interdisciplinary team, independently managing a discrete area of a large project, and interacting with multiple co-authors when preparing research for publication
The successful candidate should also be willing to extend her/his knowledge of nonlinear differential equations both numerically and analytically and to learn upper bound theory. Successful candidate should contribute ideas for new research projects, develop ideas for generating research income, and present detailed research proposal to senior researchers. Apart from research, the applicant will be expected to contribute to other academic activities of the Institute including teaching.
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in the areas of the mathematical modeling and numerical computations of flow and transport through porous media.
The selected candidate will be carrying research along with Prof. Satyajit Pramanik in the above areas, and will be funded by the institute.
More information about the research interests of Satyajit Pramanik can be found on his website https://sites. google.com/site/satyajitpramanik1/.
Name of the position– Institute Postdoctoral Fellow.
Salary– Rs. 45,000-60,000 plus Rs. 10,000 as HRA per month.
Duration: The appointment is for one year (possibility of extension on the basis of performance and the availability of the fund), starting in July, 2021, or some other date to be agreed upon.
How to Apply-
Application may be sent to Prof. Satyajit Pramanik at firstname.lastname@example.org. Each applicant should include a single PDF file containing
- A complete CV with the details of all educational qualifications, research experiences, publications, and names of three referees including the Ph.D. thesis advisor and the current employer,
- Brief summary of doctoral research and the most recent research (max 1 page),
- Future research plans (max 2 pages),
and mention “Application for Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship – 2020” as the subject of the email.
For full consideration, each applicant must request the recommendation letter writers to send the letters of recommendations directly to Prof. Satyajit Pramanik via email at email@example.com.
Last Date for Apply– 21 May 2021
The position is available immediately and the applications will be accepted until May 21, 2021.