Designation/Position- Post-Doctoral Associates Position
National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bengaluru invites Call for Applications in Post-Doctoral Associates Position from candidates
About- National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS) was conceived and founded in 1988 by the late Mr. J. R. D. Tata, who sought to create an institution to conduct advanced multidisciplinary research. Housed in a picturesque green campus in Bangalore the Institute serves as a forum to bring together individuals from diverse intellectual backgrounds, in the natural and life sciences, humanities, social sciences, and conflict and security studies. The philosophy underlying NIAS is given shape by its multidisciplinary research teams. The Institute is unique in its integrated approach to the study of intersections between science and technology, philosophy, social issues and leadership. The objective is to nurture a broad base of scholars, managers and leaders who would respond to the complex challenges that face contemporary India and global society, with insight, sensitivity, confidence and dedication. For more details: www.nias.res.in. National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bengaluru Call for Applications for Project Associates/ Post-Doctoral Associates
Research/Job Area- Engineering, data science or applied economics
Location- National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bengaluru
Post-Doctoral Associates (PDA):
PhD degree in engineering, data science or applied economics with strong mathematical foundation, from a reputed Institution/University with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA of 7.0 (10-point scale) or CGPA of 3.5 (5-point scale).
Candidates with sound knowledge about the Input-Output Models, and with experiences of handing large matrices of data will be given preference.
Proficiency in using MS Excel is desirable. Good writing skills would prove to be an added advantage for the candidates during the selection.
The candidates must have at least 2 journal papers in the Scopus Indexed reputed journals
- Master’s degree in engineering, data science or applied economics with strong mathematical foundation, from a reputed Institution/University with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA of 7.0 (10-point scale) or CGPA of 3.5 (5-point scale).
- Knowledge of Input-Output Models, and experiences of handing large matrices of data is needed. Proficiency in using MS Excel is desirable.
- Good writing skills would prove to be an added advantage for the candidates.
- The candidates preferably should have at least 1 journal paper in a Scopus Indexed reputed journal
- The appointment will be for the Project duration (9 months).
- The selected candidates will have to work from NIAS, Bengaluru.
- In case the pandemic-induced lockdown continues to be in place, some special arrangements can be done as per the discretion of the NIAS Administration.
- The monthly emoluments will be commensurate with the experience of the candidate.
How to Apply-
Interested applicants should submit their updated curriculum vitae, journal publications (as indicated above) and a brief statement of interest explaining why they are interested in joining the Project. The PDA applicants must include a list of 3 references in the application material. NIAS will accept only applications submitted by email. Please collate all documents in a single
electronic folder and email it to the PI of the project Dr. Rudrodip Majumdar at: email@example.com. The deadline for receipt of emailed applications is July 10th, 2021. Please state: Postdoctoral Associate/Project Associate for NIAS-IREL Project in the subject line of the email. For additional information, applicants may contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.