The Division of Cardiovascular Medicine at the University of Oxford is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral scientist to work on a newly funded British Heart Foundation Intermediate Fellowship awarded to Dr Naveed Akbar. The research project focuses on utilizing extracellular vesicles for therapeutics and diagnostics following acute myocardial infarction.
- Title: Postdoctoral Research Assistant
- Designation: Extracellular Vesicles
- Research Area: Division of Cardiovascular Medicine
- Location: Oxford, UK
- Salary: £34,308 per annum
- Hours: Full Time
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Placed On: 2nd February 2023
- Closes: 23rd February 2023 Job Ref: 163276
- PhD in Biosciences, Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology or a related field
- Relevant research experience
- Experience in cell culture and cell isolation from tissues
- Experience in extracellular vesicles isolation and characterisation (desirable)
Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Extracellular Vesicles
The appointee will be responsible for conducting a research project that builds on existing work on how endothelial cell-derived extracellular vesicles induce immune cell mobilisation and transcriptional programming following acute myocardial infarction. They will gain experience in a range of experimental work and will have access to in-house genome engineering and bioengineering, the rodent model of acute myocardial infarction, flow cytometry, microfluidics, complementary “omics” platforms and specialist bioinformatics support. A strong collaboration is expected with the group’s existing collaborators in Oxford, Stockholm and Boston.
The duties of the postdoctoral scientist include:
- Planning research initiatives
- Conducting scientific work with appropriate supervision
- Conducting data analysis and ensuring data validity and reliability
- Collaborating with the group’s existing collaborators
Location: This is a full-time appointment based at the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, OX3 9DU.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit your CV and a supporting statement that explains how you meet the selection criteria for the post through the online application process.
Last Date for Apply:
Only applications received before 12.00 midday on 23 February 2023 will be considered. Interviews are scheduled to take place on 08 March 2023.