Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Research Fellow
University of Technology Sydney, Australia offers postdoctoral research fellow position on faculty of health for the candidates having PhD award in a relevant area of public health, health services research or related fields.
About- UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are known for our industry focus, practice-based teaching and learning, real world research and our location. With state-of-the-art campuses and facilities, we are preparing students to become global thinkers, leaders and innovators.
UTS Health offers innovative, practice-orientated education and high impact research that focusses on improving health outcomes in both local and global communities. Public health is a vital research area within the Faculty and works towards disease prevention, prolonging life and promoting health in entire populations.
The Australian Research Centre in Complementary and Integrative Medicine (ARCCIM) is a world-leading critical public health and health services research centre with a focus on complementary medicine and health care. ARCCIM regularly attracts significant government and industry research funding including NHMRC and ARC grants. ARCCIM has developed a broad program of empirical research drawing upon rigorous methods and perspectives from across public health and health services research to investigate topics such as complementary medicine use, practice and policy in women’s health, rural health, ageing care and chronic illness amongst others.
Research/Job area– Faculty of Health
Location- University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Experience required for the position includes:
• Demonstrated knowledge of key issues around complementary medicine use and practice relating to complementary medicine and health care
• Demonstrated knowledge of public health and health services research approaches and methods
• Experience in writing grant applications and receiving external research funding as a Chief Investigator
• Experience in research project management and ethics application submissions
• PhD award in a relevant area of public health, health services research or related fields.
Job/Position Description- This Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is core to an exciting, long-term industry partnership and research program focusing upon the independent public health investigation of naturopathy and complementary medicine. The Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is a key appointment as part of this partnership and the successful candidate will help conduct the related research program.
You will be supervised by the Director of ARCCIM (Distinguished Professor Jon Adams). The main responsibilities of the Postdoctoral Research Fellow will be to:
- Engage and collaborate with academics to develop competitive research track records
• Undertake original research and with a focus on high-quality output leading to publications in quality top-ranked journals, books and conferences
• Foster international and national links with research groups and with industry, government, professions and community organisations
• Actively identify source grants and research funding
• Provide research supervision or co-supervision for PhD students
Base Salary Range- $100,923 – $115,486 pa (Level B)
This appointment is full-time an will initially be a fixed 3.5 year contract with possible extension to follow.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.