Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Italy invites application for postdoctoral research fellowship position on Modelling a trout farm using dynamic models and data assimilation methodologies.
About- Ca’ Foscari offers numerous study and internship opportunities abroad, open to both its own students and to foreign students choosing to study in Venice. There are also numerous opportunities for mobility in other countries open to the University’s professors, researchers and technical and administrative staff. Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
Location- Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, Italy
Research/Job Area- Computer Science, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or related disciplines.
Project Title- Modelling a trout farm using dynamic models and data assimilation
- Prospective candidates are expected to hold a master’s degree in Computer Science, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or related disciplines.
- Ca’ Foscari encourages applications from researchers with positive evaluation in all the criteria in individual proposals such as Marie Skłodowska Curie Actions – Individual Fellowships/ERC Starting Grants/FIRB (Italian Fund for basic research investments)/SIR (Scientific Young Independence Research) or similar.
- Researchers having successfully completed by 30/04/2018 Marie Skłodowska Curie Actions – Individual Fellowships/ERC Starting Grants/FIRB (Italian Fund for basic research investments)/SIR (Scientific Young Independence Research) or similar funded projects are warmly encouraged to apply
Job/Position Description- The main goal of the research is the identification, calibration and assessment of the performance of a dynamic model of a typical Italian trout farm. The model will include the simulation of the individual growth of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) and of the processes which affect the dynamic of dissolved oxygen and dissolved nutrients, in relation to the input water quality and feed quantity/quality. The model will have to include data assimilation algorithms for recursive estimation of key parameters, on the basis of highfrequency data, concerning farm water quality and fish size distribution. The required data set will be provided by a trout farm, participating to the H2020 project, GAIN Green Aquaculture Intensification in Europe as end-user.
The research may be carried out in English.
The fellowship is intended to provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to pursue his/her own research while benefiting from the range of expertise at Università Ca’ Foscari Venezia.
Duration of contract: 12 months approximately starting: September 2018
Stipend: The research fellowship amounts to 23.367,00 Euros per year, including taxes and social
How to Apply- Applications should be submitted for Postdoctoral Research Fellowship by the online procedure, available on the notice webpage
Candidates should submit:
1. The application form;
2. A CV in European format, duly dated and signed;
3. A copy of a valid identity document (either Identity Card or Passport);
4. (If available) Evaluation Summary Reports of Marie Skłodowska Curie Actions – Individual Fellowships/ ERC Starting Grants/FIRB (Italian Fund for basic research investments)/SIR (Scientific Young Independence Research) individual proposals having passed all the evaluation thresholds;
5. (If available) Details of Marie Skłodowska Curie Actions – Individual Fellowships, ERC Starting Grants, FIRB (Italian Fund for basic research investments)/ SIR Scientific Young Independence Research funded projects;
6. All documents, qualifications and publications relevant for the selection procedure (please, see the notice link).
All the schemes of the quoted documentation are available on the website.
The candidate, after the uploading, will receive a submission number and an e-mail acknowledging receipt of his/her application.
The candidate if necessary could access the procedures for updating any data and materials by the link provided by the e-mail, in any case any updates must be made no later than the deadline 16/07/2018 , 12.00 local time
Please note that the University can be contacted for any support needs by the candidate until 24 hours prior to the deadline.
Please note that in case of an high number of applications and / or weight of the materials loaded by the candidates the system might become slower, Therefore it is suggested not to start the process close to the deadline.
For Contact- Prof. Roberto Pastres – email: firstname.lastname@example.org