Designation/Position- Project Manager Position
Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata invites application for Project Manager Position for eligible candidates
About- Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata is inviting applications for the recruitment of one (01) Project Manager on purely temporary basis in the Technology Innovation Hub (TIH) funded by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, New Delhi and undertaken by the Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata on Data Science, Big Data Analytics and Data Curation. Project Manager Position
Research Area- Computer Science/Electrical/Electronics/Information Technology or related fields
Location-Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata
- B.E./B. Tech. or equivalent in Computer Science/Electrical/Electronics/Information Technology or related fields with a full-time regular Post Graduate Degree/Diploma in Management OR M.E./ M.Tech. or higher degree in Computer Science/Electrical/Electronics/Information Technology or related fields.
- All through First Class starting from 10th Standard board/council examinations.
- Minimum three years working experience in research/project management/business development management (PhD/Post-doc tenure will be considered as research experience).
- Ph.D. in Computer Science/Electrical/Electronics/Information Technology or related fields OR fulltime Post Graduate Degree/Diploma in Management through regular course.
- Having experience of working in a research institute or R&D organization.
- Experience in handling eGovernance platform including GeM.
- Experience in drafting IT project proposals, Software and Hardware specification, coordinating related Electrical and Civil work for infrastructure development.
- Some knowledge in IPR/Copyright issues.
- The candidate should have excellent communication, writing, organization, management and administrative skills.
|Age||:||Should not exceed 45 years as on 01 April 2021, with usual relaxation for SC/ST/OBC and differently abled candidates. Age relaxation may be given to outstanding candidates or candidates with relevant experience.|
Key responsibilities of the Project Manager include
- Managing all administrative and financial activities of the Hub.
- Ensuring timely report submissions, facilitate UC/SE submissions, and ensuring other grant-specific compliances.
- Arranging and managing seminars/lectures/workshops/conferences/certificate courses etc.
- Purchasing different equipment through eProcurement for project purpose.
- Identifying available grant opportunities, maintaining and updating the funding database and sharing the details of new grant calls with the Investigators of the Hub.
- Assisting faculty in proposal development and submission, ensuring compliance with the sponsoring agency’s requirement.
- Serving as the main focal point for communications to the sponsoring agencies.
- Developing strategies to secure new grants and cultivating new potential sponsors.
|Pay||:||Consolidated pay of `60000/- (Rupees sixty thousand only) to `80000/- (Rupees eighty thousand only) depending on the qualification and experience with no other allowances.|
|Tenure of Appointment||:||The appointment will be initially for one year from the date of his/her joining the Institute which may be extended later/ terminated earlier, depending on availability of funds and performance of the candidates.|
How to Apply-
Eligible and interested candidates are required to fill up the form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Kkw804ICyKhoX8uLOhjjDrnXWfexjX6aHy0YrEu2ZvQ/viewform?edit_requested=true and upload a covering letter addressed to the Principal Investigator, Technology Innovation Hub (TIH) of the Institute with current resume (signed) in English, which is required to include (a) Name (In block letters), (b) Permanent/ Present Address, (c) E-mail Address, (d) Telephone/Mobile No., (e) Parent’s/Spouse’s Name, (f) Date of birth, (g) Academic Qualifications (with percentage of marks obtained in each examination starting from 10th class), (h) Experience (if any), (i) Aadhar Card No., (j) SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled status, self attested soft copies of all documents/testimonials latest by 15 April 2021.
- At the time of joining, selected candidate has to produce all relevant documents/testimonials/NoC Letters in original for verification and a medical certificate of fitness from the Medical Officer of the Institute.
- Failing this, the institute will offer the position to the next candidate in the merit list prepared for this purpose.
- CVs with incomplete information or without supporting documents will be summarily rejected.
- The shortlisting of candidates will be through screening of application forms and credentials.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for written test and/or online/offline interview by maintaining of all preventive measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 Global epidemic as directed by the Government of India.
- Specific queries, if any, may be directed to the E-mail: email@example.com (CC to firstname.lastname@example.org) by 12 April 2021.
- The Institute reserves the right not to appoint any of the above. This advertisement is also available on the website www.isical.ac.in/jobs.
Last Date for Apply– 15 April 2021