Designation/Position- Senior Project Officer Position at IIT
IIT Madras, India invites application for Senior Project Officer Position at IIT from eligible and interested candidates
About- Applications are invited for the following temporary post Project Associate, Project Officer and Senior Project Officer under the project titled “Numerical modeling of ultrasonic defect response and its subsequent effect on probability of detection (POD) in a polycrystalline nickel-based superalloy”, in the Dept. of Physics, IIT Madras.
Research/Job Area- Physics or Chemical/ Aerospace/Mechanical/ Electronics or Electrical Engineering
Location- IIT Madras, India
Candidate with PhD or master’s with 4+ years in Plasma Physics or Chemical/ Aerospace/Mechanical/ Electronics or Electrical Engineering
Hands-on experience in Computational Plasma Physics, numerical methods and code development or numerical simulation tools (COMSOL, ANSYS, etc.,) Hands-On experimental knowledge of plasma characterization technique will be an added advantage.
- Project Officer/Senior Project officer/Project scientist/Senior Project Scientist will be responsible for conducting detailed low temperature plasma multiphysics simulations, with a strong emphasis on; Electromagnetic wave interaction with Plasma.
- Kinetic or Fluid model approach of defining plasma. Chemical gas phase reactions, and heat transfer.
- The applicant will develop a numerical model of a plasma reactor for the chemical vapor deposition (CVD) of diamond.
- Validation and verification of the code / numerical model with experimental results
- Conduct multiphysics simulations to model low-temperature plasma in the MPCVD chamber.
- Investigate chemical gas phase reactions involved in diamond film growth.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize process parameters.
- Analyze simulation results and provide actionable insights to enhance diamond film growth.
- Improvement in the microwave plasma chamber design related to plasma physics, heat transfer, and fluid dynamics.
- Strong knowledge of Multiphysics simulation numerical code or any commercially available software (e.g., COMSOL, ANSYS, etc.) will be preferable.
- Strong knowledge of Electromagnetics/Microwave and Vacuum Chamber
- Capable of handling various Plasma characterization tools
Applications are invited for the temporary post of Project Officer/Project scientist – Low Temperature Plasma Multiphysics Simulation for Microwave Plasma Chemical Vapor Deposition (MPCVD) Group, India Center for Lab Grown Diamond (InCent – LGD), IIT Madras.
Co. PI: Prof. M. S. Ramachandra Rao, Department of Physics, IIT Madras
Duration: Initially for one year, later extendable based on performance period
No. of. Vacancy: 02
|Project Officer/Senior Project officer/Project scientist/Senior Project Scientist||Consolidated pay ₹ 1,00,000 (minimum) per month all inclusive; actual salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and expertise|
How to Apply-
Candidates should apply online only on the website https://icandsr.iitm.ac.in/recruitment/ – (Please check the advertisement number Advt. 200/2023 displayed and apply for the relevant position).