Designation/Position- Promoting Opportunities For Women
Science & Engineering Research Board, India invites application for Promoting Opportunities For Women SERB – POWER Fellowship from eligible and interested candidates
About- SERB – POWER (Promoting Opportunities For Women in Exploratory Research) program is formulated to mitigate gender disparity in science and engineering research funding in various S&T programs in Indian academic institutions and R&D Laboratories. SERB – POWER is specially designed to provide structured effort toward enhanced diversity in research to ensure equal access and weighted opportunities for Indian women scientists engaged in research and development activities. Promoting Opportunities For Women
Research/Job Area- Science, Technology and Innovation
- This Fellowship will identify and reward outstanding women researchers and innovators working in Indian academic institutions and R&D laboratories, holding Ph.D.degree in any branch of science and engineering.
- The nominee should be an active scientist with an excellent record of research performance as an independent investigator or innovator.
- The nominee should be an Indian citizen between 33-55 years of age working in an institution in India.
- The nominee should not not be receiving any other fellowship from Government sources during the tenure.
NATURE OF SUPPORT AND DURATION
- Fellowship of Rs. 15,000/- per month in addition to regular income.
- Research grant of Rs.10 Lakh per annum. Research grant can be used for minor equipment, manpower, consumables, contingencies and domestic travel.
- Overheads for the host institute.
- Fellowship duration will be fixed for three years, without the possibility of extension.
- Successful POWER Fellows cannot be re-nominated for the second time.
- Applications for POWER fellowships are invited normally for nominations. The nominations should be sent by the Heads of Institutions or Fellows of National Academies.
- The nominations will be received throughout the year online (www.serbonline.in)only.
- Selection of POWER Fellows will be made twice a year by a specially constituted Search-cum-Selection committee.
GENERAL GUIDELINES– Women Scientists cannot hold POWER Fellowship and POWER Grant at the same time.
SERB POWER Fellowships – (Rs 15,000 per month in addition to your salary + research grant Rs 10 lakh annually)
How to Apply-
For successful online submission of the application the following points may be noted:
- Applicant(s) should first register on the online website click here to register
- After log-in, the applicant(s) are required to fill all the mandatory fields in the Profile Detail section under User Profile. which includes Bio-data, Photo, Institute Address, etc.
- If you have CO-PI in your proposal then ensure that all the CO-PI’s are also registered into the system following the same procedure.
- Some of the details of your proposal like Project Title (max 500 characters), Project summary (max 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Objectives of the project (max 1500 characters), Expected output and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters), Budget (Manpower, Consumables, Travel, Equipment, Contingency, Overheads ) have to be entered at the time of proposal submission.
- Other relevant information of the proposal has to be uploaded in a single PDF file not more than 10 MB as other technical documents (OTD). Download Template