Designation/Position- Research Associate Position at RGCB
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB), Thiruvananthapuram, India, invites applications for the Research Associate Position at RGCB from eligible and interested candidates.
About- Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology is a research institute in India, exclusive to research in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology. It is located at Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of Kerala in India. Research Associate Position at RGCB
Research/Job Area- Life Science
Senior Research Fellow
- MSc/BE/B.Tech or equivalent degree in Life Science subjects, with a 60% mark with at least two years of research experience in animal cell culture according to the last date of application.
- Candidates should have qualified National Eligibility Test (CSIR-UGC NET/ GATE/ DBT-JRF/ ICMR-JRF etc.).
- Ph.D. (in any branch of life sciences) or MPharm/MVSc with three years of R&D expertise according to the last date of application, evidenced from fellowship or associateship or by date of enrollment of Ph.D. Experience in animal cell culture techniques is essential.
- Those who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis are also qualified to apply for Research Associateship, though they will be eligible for salary at the SRF level till the award of their degree.
- Experience in animal cell culture techniques, Proteomics and genomics, will be desirable.
The Upper age limit for applying for the position of SRF shall be 32 years, and for the position of RA shall be 35 years as of August 05, 2022. Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for one (01) position of Senior Research Fellow (SRF) OR Research Associate (RA) in a CSIR-sponsored research project entitled, “Identification of Xenoestrogen induced Spontaneous Mutations and changes in Promoter Methylation Status in the Cancer-Causing Genes BRCA1, BRCA2 and p53 in Breast, Ovarian, Prostate and Pancreatic Cancers” in the laboratory of Dr. Priya Srinivas at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
Senior Research Fellow: ₹ 35,000/- per month
Research Associate: ₹ 47,000/- per month
House Rent Allowance @ 16% of the fellowship amount will be paid to those who do not avail RGCB hostel facilities.
DURATION– One year or till termination of the project (whichever is earlier).
How to Apply-
Suitably qualified candidates may send applications in the prescribed format with a photograph, a copy of a full resume indicating the percentage of marks obtained and scanned copies of original certificates/credentials and experience to reach the undersigned only through Email on or before August 05, 2022.
- Candidates currently working in Government firms should send applications through the proper channel.
- The application form and supporting documents should be submitted as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Advertisement number and the candidate’s position should be mentioned in the ‘SUBJECT’ part of the Email.
- If a candidate wishes to apply for different positions, separate application forms should be submitted.
- Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise).
- As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co-terminus at the end of the project.
- Applications that are not in the prescribed format will summarily be rejected.
- Only those fulfilling the above criteria need to apply. Applicants will be short-listed for the selection interview based on eligibility criteria.
- The selection of suitable candidates will be based on qualifications and performance in the interview.