Research Associate Position – IIT Indore under NSM Project India
Designation/Position- Research Associate Position – IIT
IIT Indore, India invites application for Research Associate Position – IIT from eligible and interested candidates
About- IIT Indore invites applications from highly motivated, sincere, hardworking and research-oriented candidates for the position of Research Associate (RA) in the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM) funded research project (DST/NSM/R&D HPC Applications/2021/03.29) entitled “Diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease using brain imaging data” of Dr. M. Tanveer (PI of the project). Candidates are advised to visit the profile of Dr. M. Tanveer (http://iiti.ac.in/people/—mtanveer).e. Research Associate Position – IIT Indore
Research/Job Area- Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Mathematics/or in equivalent streams
Location- IIT Indore, MP, India
Essential Qualification: Ph.D. degree (awarded or thesis submitted) in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Mathematics/or in equivalent streams with good Journal/Conference Publications.
Desirable Qualification: Candidates having high quality journal/conference papers in the areas of machine learning, deep learning and biomedical applications, knowledge of programming (MATLAB, R, Python) are encouraged to apply.
- The project is aimed to develop novel shallow/deep learning techniques for the diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease.
- One of the primary objectives is to use standard feature extraction software to process neuroimaging data.
- Since the magnetic resonance imaging data is having many features, i.e. a million voxels and thus we need to utilize the national supercomputing facilities for the preprocessing of data.
- Another task of this project is to use efficient deep learning models for the classification and regression of brain imaging data.
- The deep learning networks such as convolutional neural networks have more than a million parameters.
- Therefore, we will deploy these networks on the high computation facilities.
- This will improve the research in the areas of Alzheimer’s disease as well as shallow/deep learning.
- Moreover, we will use the high computation facility for comparison of our proposed techniques with various state of the art deep learning approaches
Salary: Consolidated emoluments — INR 47000 per month + House Rent Allowance (as per DST norms)
Tenure of the appointment: Initially for one year, extendable for fufther period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and continuation of the project.
How to Apply-
Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed CV with a complete list of publications latest by April 30, 2021, to Dr. M. Tanveer (mtanveer(@iiti.ac.in) with subject line “Application for Research Associate position“.
Complete information with respect to such as year of passing, experience, marks, etc. should be mentioned in the CV. Incomplete applications will be rejected. An interview letter will be sent to the shortlisted candidates via email only mentioning the date of the interview.
Note: The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill the post advertised.