Designation/Position- VAIBHAV Fellowship Call-2023
Government of India invites applications for VAIBHAV Fellowship Call-2023 from eligible and interested candidates
About- Government of India had organized Vaishvik Bharatiya Vaigyanik (VAIBHAV) Summit to connect Indian STEMM diaspora with Indian Institutions. The summit was attended by more than 25,000 attendees. 230 panel discussion sessions were held over 23 days on 18 Verticals (research areas) and 80 Horizontals (sub-research areas) (see more details in following sections). Indian STEMM diaspora from more than 70 countries had participated in the deliberations.
Proposals are sought in select identified verticals and horizontals of VAIBHAV (as mentioned in the preamble):
- Quantum Technologies: Quantum Communication; Quantum Computing; Quantum Sensing and Metrology; Quantum Materials and Devices
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: Foundation of AI/ML; AI/ML and Signals; AI for Social Good; AI and Robotics
- Computational Sciences: High Performance Computing Architectures; Computational Atmospheric Sciences; Cyber Physical Systems
- Data Sciences: Data Science Project Management; Data Science Infrastructure, Deployment and Hosting; Data Privacy and Security; Data Science Education; Data Science Applications
- Photonics: Photonic Devices; Optical Imaging and Bio-photonics; Photonic Materials and Sources; Nano-photonics; Integrated Photonics and Communication
- Energy: Future Electricity Systems; Sustainable Mobility Technologies; Advanced Fossil Technologies; Sustainable Future Fuels
- Electronics and Semiconductor Technologies: Semiconductor Materials and Process Technologies; Semiconductor Devices: Physics and Technology; Electronic Circuits and System Design
- Communication Technologies: Cellular Evolution 5G and Beyond (THz Comm); Communication Technologies for IoT/CPS; High Speed Optical Communication – backbone networks; Cognitive Technologies for Futuristic Communication
- Aerospace Technologies: Aerospace Systems and Design; Propulsion Technologies; Flight Structure and Integrity; Modeling and Simulations; Unmanned Aerial Systems and Countermeasures
- Materials and Processing Technologies: Structural Materials; Materials Recycling & Purification; Advanced & Functional Materials; Catalytic Materials & Processes; Computational Materials Science
- Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Science; Polar Science; Ocean Science/Technology; Geo Science/Technology
- Environmental Sciences: Air Quality Management; Water Quality Management; Soil and Waste Management; Carbon Sequestration and Biodiversity Conservation; Climate Change
- Advanced Manufacturing Technologies: Smart Manufacturing, IoT, Digital Manufacturing; Additive Manufacturing; Precision/Micro-nano Manufacturing/Surface
- Engineering; Industrial Machines, Robotics/Automation; Speciality Products Manufacturing
- Health, Medical Sciences and Biomedical Devices: Advanced Technologies in Health Care; Precision Health; Holistic Health; Remote and Rural Health – Reaching the unreached
- Pharmaceuticals and Bio-Technology: Biotherapeutics and Biosimilars; Industrial Biotechnology; Infectious Diseases/ Disease biology; Drug Discovery, Repurposing and Drug delivery
- Agricultural Sciences: Precision Agriculture; Sustainable and Climate Smart Agriculture; Food Safety and Nutritional Security; Climate Resilient Livestock, Veterinary Therapeutics and Zoonoses control, Nanotechnology in sustainable agriculture and metabolic biology, Modern Fisheries and Aquaculture and seed production, Genome editing, Robotics, farm automation, Digital Agriculture
- Social Sciences for SDGs: Behavioral Community Approaches & its impact on Societal Development; Societal aspect of Technology Development with cause; Socio-Economic aspect of Development
- Management: Fostering academic collaborations; Mechanisms to increase R&D outputs from Indian institutions; Business innovation; Entrepreneurship for growth; Management of New-Age (Knowledge) Organizations; Making India R&D center of the world / Making India Center of Practice-Oriented Management Knowledge
Eligibility: (For applicants – VAIBHAV Fellow)
- Non-Resident Indian (NRI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), currently working abroad
- Ph.D/M.D/M.S/M.Tech degree from a recognized University
- Engaged in active research
- Working/worked in Institute/University of top-200 QS World University Ranking (subjectwise) (in regular/tenure employment) for at least 5 years or more.
Working in Industry or Research Laboratories of repute in abroad for at least 5 years or more (but should not be PhD or Post-doctoral fellow)
Eligibility: (For host Indian Institutions)
- Higher Educational Institutions / University ranked in top 200 in NIRF overall rankings or having NAAC ‘A+’ grade or above
- Public funded Scientific Institutes/National Laboratories.
Emoluments for the Fellowship:
- Fellowship in INR 4 Lakh roughly (equivalent to USD 5000 per month), for minimum 01 month
and maximum up to 02 months per year for a period of maximum 03 years,
- International Travel from place of work in parent institute to place of work in India in business
class once a year,
- Fully furnished Accommodation in guest house or hotel up to Rs.7500/- per day
- Contingency Rs.1,00,000 per year for research expenditure in India
- Domestic Travel (economy class) for academic purposes up to two Indian academic/ scientific institutes in a year
It may be noted that total eligible grant will be released to Indian host Institute and these institute would be providing Fellowship amount to the VAIBHAV Fellow and extend other support.
Expectations from the VAIBHAV fellow:
- Sharing the Best Practices on research and translation of research, incubation etc.
- Build long term connections,
- Connect Indian Students to the foreign faculty/scientists
- New approaches to Research processes and futuristic technologies
VAIBHAV Fellow is expected to give a report to DST within 21 days of completion of travel indicating work done/initiated, follow up required etc.
How to Apply-
Each application should be submitted to DST. Please note following important application instructions:
- The application should be submitted on-line to DST. Host Scientist need to apply on behalf of the Indian Diaspora as DST would release the funds to the host Institution which will be reimbursed to the fellow by the host Institution.
- The applicant can download the proposal formats from websites www.dst.gov.in / https://onlinedst.gov.in/Projectproposalformat.aspx?Id=2317 and should submit completed application form and all relevant information through e-PMS portal of the DST. Applications would be received in on-line mode only. Physical or e-mail applications will not be considered.
Documents needed to apply
- Statement of Purpose (one-page max.)
- Bio-data of Applicant in prescribed format (two pages max.)
- List of recent publications of applicant (last three years) with impact factors
- Copy of Valid Passport
- Academic Qualification – Copy of certificate for highest degree
- Experience Certificate
- Undertaking by the applicant in prescribed format
- No-objection certificate from the parent institute
- Consent letter from Host Institute in India
- CV of the host scientist /faculty (two pages max.)
- List of recent publications of the host scientist/faculty (last three years) with impact factors