Designation/Position- Vice-Chancellor Post
SNDT Women’s University, Maharashtra, India invites application for Vice-Chancellor Post from eligible and interested candidates
About- SNDT Women’s University is the first Women’s university in India as well as in South-East Asia. The University was founded by Maharshi Dr. Dhondo Keshav Karve in 1916 for a noble cause of Women’s Education. The first five women graduated in 1921 from this University. The University Headquarters is in Churchgate Campus, Mumbai and the other two campuses of this University are at Juhu, Mumbai and Karve Road, Pune. Vice-Chancellor Post
Research/Job Area- In any discipline
More Opportunities: Various Research Positions – 29 May 2021: Researchersjob- Updated
Location- SNDT Women’s University, Maharashtra, India
Essential Qualification and Experience:
- Earned Doctorate in any discipline and good academic record.
- Experience in the field of Higher Education of at least 15 years in teaching and research in a university/well-established institution of repute and/or at the undergraduate and post-graduate level.
- Minimum of five research publications in peer-reviewed/ referred international research journals after Ph.D. and/or published quality books in a recognized discipline, referenced for study in higher education at the National/International level.
- At least 5 years of administrative experience in the field of Higher Education not below the rank of Professor and Head of the Department in a university/Principal (in Professor’s Grade) of a Senior College/Head of a national/international institution of Advanced Learning.
- Execution of at least one major research project.
- Experience of working with international bodies or international exposure through participation in workshops, seminars or conferences held outside the country.
- Experience of organizing events such as workshops, seminars, conference at an international level within the country in the field of higher education.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership.
- Experience of working on the Statutory Authorities of a university such as Board of Studies, Academic Council, Management Council or Executive Council of Board of Management, Senate, etc.;
- Demonstrable experience of handling Quality issues, assessment and accreditation procedures, etc.;
- Experience to guide Ph.D. students;
- Experience at the State or national or international level in handling youth development work such as organizing student-centric activities for their all-round development and for providing them rich campus life as envisaged in the Maharashtra Universities Act.
Expected Skills and Competencies:
1. Technical Skills –
- Openness towards technology and a deep conviction regarding its potential applications in a knowledge-based settings;
- Reasonably high level of comfort in the use of technology;
2. Managerial Skills –
i) Ability to anticipate issues and problems and prepare advance strategic plans; ii) Ability to generate resources and allocate the same appropriately; iii) Capacity to work effectively under pressure and manage work and resources with tight deadlines;
iv) Good understanding of financial management including revenue generation, planning and fiscal control;
3. Alignment with corporate objectives and State as well as National level priorities –
- Ability to identify the needs of the communities in key sectors;
- Deep understanding of the challenges before the National and how Higher
Education can respond to developmental needs; iii) Demonstrable understanding of curriculum development issues, especially those relating to widening participation and social inclusion;
4. Leadership Skills –
i) Exceptional ability to motivate a divers group of stakeholders; ii) Keen desire to further the mission and goals of the organization; iii) Ability to think strategically and innovatively and maintain a broad perspective; iv) Ability to lead by personal example with openness to new ideas and a consultative approach in implementation of the same;
5. Interpersonal communication and collaborative skills –
- Demonstrable success in developing and executing National and International collaborative arrangements;
- Ability to interact effectively and persuasively with a strong knowledge-basis at senior levels and in large forums as well as on a one- to-one basis;
- Evidence of being an active member of professional bodies and associations in pertinent fields.