Designation/Position- Fellow-E (Scientist-D) Position at inStem
The Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine invites application for Fellow-E (Scientist-D) Position at inStem from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (inStem, www.instem.res.in), an Autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, invites online applications from an experienced individual with demonstrated credentials to Head the Grants Management and Research Collaborations Office at the Bangalore Life Science Cluster (BLiSC). The incumbent will work closely with Investigators in the laboratories at inStem and the National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), who together share a campus. The appointment is as Scientist ‘D’, on Direct Recruitment failing which by Deputation/ Absorption. Fellow-E (Scientist-D) Position
Research/Job Area- Life Sciences/Medicine or equivalent
|POST CODE||POST NAME||EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS|
|02/2021||Fellow-E/ Scientist-D (Pay Level 12)||Essential Qualification & Experience Masters in Life Sciences/Medicine or equivalent, with 5 years’ experience. |
Desirable: Ph.D in Life Sciences or other Allied Sciences. Should be an outstanding scientist with a strong and exceptional research record and intentions of collaborative/ thematic research. Should have a strong research record with the promise to contribute to the focused research themes at the institute and/or carry out their own discovery-driven research experience in the relevant field with the ability to foster interactions among basic scientists and clinicians.
Experience for Deputation: Scientists from Central/State Governments, Research Institutes Autonomous Bodies etc.
(i) Holding analogous post on regular basis in parent Department or
(ii) With 4 years’ service in Level- 11 or equivalent in the parent cadre/ Department and possess the essential qualification & experience as mentioned above.
The candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in grants management. This is a leadership position.
A higher level of experience will be preferable. Experience in team management, developing funding strategies, and serving as liaisons with funding agencies is desirable.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Identifying new and available grant opportunities; maintaining a current funding database for available opportunities, specifically, targeted funding calls for campus researchers
- Steer and coordinate applications, associated documentation, and activation of large multi institutional programmes with international or national partners. Facilitate collaborations and partnerships with international scientists and programs.
- Develop and implement a research funding strategy, working with other offices and sections in the Bangalore Life Science Cluster to cultivate new sponsors from government, industry, and philanthropy.
- Provide subject-matter-expertise to researchers and campus leadership in the preparation of competitive research grants.
- Develop SOPs for the submission of grant proposals; assist with administrative processes related to submission; liaise with Investigators for all aspects of reporting and processing of grants with funding agencies and institute administration; Liaise with relevant sections and offices on campus for the coordination of grant life-cycle including collaborative agreements and MoUs.
- Serve as the focal point for communications with funding agencies
Age limit & Relaxation: The age of the applicant should be as follows: –
|Not exceeding 45 years for Direct Recruitment/Not exceeding 50 years for Deputation|
Note: Upper age limit can be relaxed by one year in case of exceptional and meritorious candidates by the approving authority as per the approved Recruitment Rules of the Institute.
Nationality: Candidate must be citizen of India/NRI/OCI/PIO.
WOMEN CANDIDATES FULFILLING THE REQUIREMENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Online applications from eligible and interested candidates for Fellow E/ Scientist D to work as Head Microscopy under Scientific Cadre on Direct Recruitment failing which by Deputation/Absorption.
|Sl. No.||Post Code||Name of the Post||Level in Pay Matrix (as per 7 th CPC)||No. of Post (s)||Category|
|1||02/2021||Fellow E (Scientist D)||Pay Level-12||1||UR|
Compensation / Pay Details:
The post carries the Pay Level 12 (Basic Pay of ₹ 78,800/- in the pay structure of 7th CPC Pay Matrix and other benefits which include Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance (in lieu of accommodation), Transport Allowance, Children Education Allowance, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Facilities as per Govt. of India Rules. The selected candidate will be covered under National Pension System (NPS).
Application Fee (only online):
|Unreserved & OBC candidates||Rs 500/-|
|Unreserved & OBC candidates from abroad with OCI Status||USD $ 30|
Exemption from Payment of Application Fee: As per the prevailing guidelines of Government of India of (i) SC/ST community (ii) Women and PwD category of any community are exempted from Application Fees. Supporting certificates should be uploaded for SC/ST & PwD candidates.
How to Apply-
Interested candidates may log into the link given in inStem website – Careers – Open position to apply for the position https://www.instem.res.in/jobportal
Last Date for Apply– 30 June 2021
|Publishing of Advertisement in Employment News (E -Edition)||05.06.2021|
|Publishing of Advertisement in Local/National News papers||29.05.2021|
|Publishing of Advertisement on website||10.05.2021|
|Last date for receipt of online application||30.06.2021|