Victoria Doctoral Scholarships at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand invites application for Victoria Doctoral Scholarships from eligible and interested candidates
Designation/Position-Victoria Doctoral Scholarships
About- To encourage postgraduate research Victoria offers scholarships to those about to begin their doctoral studies. These scholarships are awarded on academic merit and are open to New Zealand and international students in any discipline. Victoria Doctoral Scholarships
These Scholarships are intended to encourage and support doctoral study (PhD) at Victoria University of Wellington.
Research/Job Area- Offered by University
Location- Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- To encourage postgraduate research Victoria University of Wellington offers scholarships to those about to begin their doctoral studies.
- These scholarships are awarded on academic merit and are open to New Zealand and international students in any discipline
- These scholarships are open to graduates of any university within or outside of New Zealand who intend to enroll full time for a Doctorate (Ph.D.) or who have commenced their doctoral study at Victoria University of Wellington.
Please note: It is very important to refer to the website for regulations and further process requirements regarding an application for this scholarship.
The scholarships are offered to the top ranked candidates in any Doctoral admission and scholarship application round throughout the year. To be considered for a Wellington Doctoral Scholarship the applicant must have a strong academic record and excellent academic references, or:
- demonstrated potential for high-quality research; or
- a record of publication in high-quality journals commensurate with experience and education.
Scholarships will normally be tenable for three years. For a student who has already been enrolled for a Doctorate at Victoria for more than three months at the time when the offer of a Scholarship is made, the maximum length of tenure of the Scholarship will be reduced at the discretion of the Research Scholarships Committee.
$23,500 stipend annually + tuition fees. Conditions apply. See ‘Regulations’ for details.
Number offered: Approximately 110 per year.
How to Apply-
- Applicants must read the full Doctoral Scholarship Regulations before submitting their application.
- Prospective Ph.D. candidates do not need to submit a separate application for a Wellington Doctoral Scholarship—the application is part of your overall Ph.D. admission application.
- If you received an Offer of Place without a scholarship you may reapply for a Wellington Doctoral Scholarship by submitting an application online. You will need to provide additional supporting information. Existing Ph.D. candidates may also apply or reapply using the same process.
Last Date for Apply– 1 November 2020
Currently the closing dates are 1 March, 1 July and 1 November. All applicants for the scholarship will be notified by email of the outcome within six weeks of the closing date for applications.