Designation/Position- Indo-Japanese Joint Project on “Establishment of Young Researcher Fellowship Programme 2018-2019”
Applications are invited from outstanding Indian scientists/ researchers holding Ph.D. degree in science (received within the past 6 years) and less than 40 years of age and having regular positions in Indian recognized S&T Institutions/ Universities
About- The Indian National Science Academy(INSA), New Delhi invites applications from outstanding Indian young scientists/researchers to apply for the Indo-Japanese Joint Project on “Establishment of Young Researcher Fellowship Programme 2018-2019” coordinated by INSA and Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS). This programme is supported by the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India.
Research/Job Area- Participation is open to all fields of Science & Technology/any field of natural science (basic and applied), engineering science, mathematics, statistics, health and multi-disciplinary research in science & technology will be considered.
Applicants engaged in multi-disciplinary research are invited to apply but should note that proposals for research solely in humanities, social or behavioural science are NOT eligible to apply
(a) The applicant should be Indian citizen, residing in India, and be a Postdoc and/ or a scientist/ faculty member working in a regular capacity in an UGC (University Grants Commission) recognized University/ Deemed University/ Academic Institute or National Research & Development Laboratory/ Institute and actively engaged in research work in the related areas.
(b) Applicants must have been awarded Ph.D. degree in science (received within the past 6 years) and should be less than 40 years of age as on the last date of submission.
(c) Applicants should not have availed any overseas fellowship in previous 3 years.
(d) The applicant should have been accepted to work in an institute/laboratory in Japan to be visited. Such acceptance should be supported by a letter of invitation from the host Institution(s) commenting on the proposed collaboration.
(e) The applicant should submit a detailed programme of his/her collaborative research work to be conducted in consultation with the host scientist(s) in Japan.
(f) All applications should be forwarded through proper channel by the employer/Head of the Institution.
(g) Selected candidate are required to sign Service Bond (Format-6) to the parent institute for a period of three (3) years.
- Candidate should check detail with their parent institute/university before applying.
- Proposals will be assessed on the scientific merit of the research, the demonstrated achievements of the applicant in the context of his/her career to date, the appropriateness of the work being done in Japan, the value of the expected outcome of the research project to Indian Science, and whether the visit will improve Indian access to global leading-edge science and technology.
- He/She should propose a collaborative research project, or a specific activity, which has been developed in consultation with host scientist(s) in Japan.
- The grant scheme is not to supplement or extend either study or sabbatical leave that is being conducted overseas. The proposed visit should initiate or consolidate long-term collaborations and facilitate the development of the applicant’s career.
Job/Position Description- Applications invited till 31st July 2018 for INSA exchange visits at post doctoral level to select countries, with whom INSA has arrangement. Applicants must not have been supported by INSA in last 3 years for a visit abroad.
The main objective of this young researcher exchange program is to contribute to the advancement of Science & Technology and to the benefit of society at large. This fellowship programme is designed to support Indian scientists/researchers to travel to Japan and work with leading researchers at major Japanese science and technology institutions/universities/organizations for a period of 2 to 6 months. They are intended to facilitate long-term science, technology and innovation collaboration between India and Japan by
- developing researchers’ expertise in international collaboration and fostering long-term relationships between Indian and Japanese researchers;
- developing the researchers’ leadership skills as future ‘science ambassadors’ for India; and
- providing a catalyst for future India-Japan research collaboration.
Number of Fellowships- 10 Fellowships
Duration of Fellowship- 02 to 06 Months
How to Apply- Documents to be Submitted’
- Application form as per INSA format (dully filled and forwarded through proper channel).
- Copy of Ph.D. Degree (Self attested).
- Letter of Support/NoC from the parent Institute/University and certifying that presently candidate is not serving any bond.
- Letter of invitation from the Japanese host.
- List of best 10 publications.
- Short CV (max.1 page)
The Deputy Executive Director-I (Scientific)
Indian National Science Academy
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
New Delhi – 110002, INDIA
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 011-23221931-23221950 (20 lines) (EPABX)
Fax: 011-23231095, 23235648
www.insaindia.res.in Young Researcher Fellowship