B4 Young Scientist Program (Workshops) 2019 in Harvard University, USA
Designation/Position- B4 Young Scientist Program
Harvard University, USA invites application for B4 Young Scientist Program 2019 from eligible and interested candidates
About- Each year, the B4 program hosts two-week workshops twice a year in India that bring together talented Indian students and introduce them to specific and latest fields within the life sciences. The workshop is composed of several lectures given by eminent experts in the field, as well as hands-on lessons that provide students with practical knowledge and an understanding of how to apply these learnings to future endeavors in the life sciences. B4 Young Scientist Program
Based on the topic of the workshop, doctoral, graduate, and undergraduate students from a science or technology-focused institution of higher education in India are encouraged to apply for this opportunity.
These courses are made possible through a collaboration between the Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute at Harvard University, the Harvard Global Research Support Centre India, IBAB Bangalore, and IISER, Pune. It is funded by the Department of Biotechnology within the Government of India.
Research/Job Area- Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, or Computer Science, currently engaged in relevant areas of research
Location-The Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute, Harvard University, USA
Eligibility/Qualification–Open to Indian students currently pursuing any of the following courses in Indian institutions:
- Doctoral and post-doctoral researchers in the fields of Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, or Computer Science, currently engaged in relevant areas of research
- Students currently enrolled in MBBS, M.Pharm, M.Sc., ME, or M.TECH programs
- Exceptionally talented undergraduate students
Selected students will be informed by: June 30, 2019
Venue: IISER, Pune
The advent of exciting new technologies and analytical solutions in light microscopy is driving new discoveries. The aim of this workshop is to introduce students to advancements in contemporary light microscopy through lectures and hands-on training in imaging modalities, ranging from basic microscopy to super-resolution imaging.
Students are expected to stay on-campus for the duration of the workshop. Travel and lodging costs for selected students will be covered.
This course has been made possible through a collaboration between the Lakshmi Mittal and Family South Asia Institute at Harvard University; IBAB, Bangalore; and IISER, Pune. It is funded by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
- The selection process will be highly competitive with a class size limited to 25 students.
- Applications will be reviewed by an interdisciplinary panel of faculty at Harvard, IBAB, IISER and other partner institutions in India. The decision of the panel will be final.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Do not write directly to Harvard faculty regarding the workshop and grant opportunities.
How to Apply-
- Request an XID. You MUST do this in order to apply.
- Follow the instructions on the email sent by the XID system. If you do not see it on your inbox, please check your spam folder.
- Wait 24 hours after activating your XID, and then click here. If this link does not take you to the application of the Bioimaging workshop, search for “B4 BioImaging Workshop 2019.”
- Log in with your XID (you cannot use the “HarvardKey” option). You are now able to begin your B4 application.
The following documents are needed to complete the application. Each document must be uploaded as one single PDF and less than 2 MB.
- Resume/CV (one page)
- Statement of interest (one page), in which you describe the rationale for pursuing this course and what you hope to gain from it
- Academic transcript(s) or Marks cards from higher secondary until the recent academic course completed
- Two letters of recommendation (they must to be on the letterhead of the recommender with their signature and are to be uploaded by the recommender via the link sent to their email from the CARAT system).
Contact: Savitha G Ananth, Program Manager
Last Date for Apply– 6 May 2019