Designation/Position- Senior Engineer – Energy Storage
DNV GL-Energy, Bangalore invites application for Senior Engineer – Energy Storage from eligible and interested candidates
About- Driven by company purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organizations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. Founded in 1863 and currently operating in more than 100 countries, our 16,000 professionals are dedicated to helping our customers in the maritime, oil & gas, energy and other industries to make the world safer, smarter and greener. DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Company expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. DNV GL is the world’s largest provider of independent renewable energy advice. We take pride in investing 5% of our revenue in research and development. Company is at the forefront of embracing technological advancement like AI, big data analytics, machine learning and digitalisation in areas we operate in. Please refer our website for further details www.dnvgl.com
DNV GL-Energy, Bangalore office is looking for a bright and passionate Energy Storage Consultant to be a part of Solar team.
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Location- DNV GL-Energy, Bangalore
Qualifications and experience –
- B.Tech/M.Tech preferably from Premiere Institutes and a strong technical background
- More than 5 years of work experience in relevant industry
- Subject matter expert on various battery storage solutions
- Vision to foresee opportunities and develop services around the same
- Knowledge and experience with relevant guidelines
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for analysing statistical data.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; fluency in English is a must
- Strong teamwork, but must be a Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing consulting environment
- Able to maintain confidentiality, be detail oriented and disciplined, and adept at multi-tasking.
By joining team of highly skilled and versatile individuals, you will experience
- Multinational, inclusive and diverse organizational environment
- Strong Company culture, ethics and values
- Access to 10,000+ online Trainings and Knowledge data 24/7
- High impact learning culture
- International travel and ability to work cross functional projects
- Short and long term assignment opportunities such as “Knowledge booster” in one of our overseas “Centers of Expertise”
- Comprehensive Total Reward Restructure
- Local contract with Market driven compensation/salary
- Professional subscriptions paid as per local PAG
Job/Position Description-In this role, you will be directly reporting to Head of Section- Solar.
- Fully aligned with the characteristics of the scientific methods i.e. Empirical, Replicable, Systematic, Objective and Provisional
- Traits for being updated, organised, taking risk, integrity and collaborating in groups.
- You are expected to play a key role in revision and introduction of methodologies, standards, new services in tune with fast changing business and technological environment.
- Grid modelling/technical analysis and in performance modelling of Energy Storage System design
- Identify and execute high quality power energy solutions. Apply working knowledge of energy storage media for electric grid-installed energy storage.
- Review customer specifications and support customers in selection of storage solution for the application.
- Prepare and submit technical and commercial proposals in response to customer’s interest, need, and RFQs.
- Provide leadership and support for energy storage in APAC region.
- To lead and manage projects related to solar, wind and energy storage
- To develop and maintain professional relationship will all major stakeholders
- Conduct technical presentations to customers, in trade shows, conferences and seminars on the company and our services.
- To formulate strategy and develop energy storage related business in India and other APAC countries and develop team for the same
- To coordinate and collaborate with APAC and global team for the fulfilment of DNV GL’s goal, vision and strategy
- Find avenues and scope of improvements in delivery of existing services, and implement them through internal projects in close collaboration with larger energy advisory team.
- Engage in DNV GL’s various global innovation projects and initiatives, and ensure that new solutions are developed and implemented in Indian region.
- Work in close collaboration with experienced global pool of Engineers in Europe and North America; Explore opportunities on experience exchange with the global team through secondments to overseas offices.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities in fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Actively participate in the ongoing global energy transition, and contribute in shaping the future of energy.
- Mentoring and training of other employees
- Maintain an environment oriented to trust and help team members attain their potential
- Participate in R&D projects and contribute to publishing of journal papers.
- Any other appropriate duties as directed by line management
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidates can apply online.
Last Date for Apply–Till position filled