Faculty Recruitment in Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Indore, India
Designation/Position- Faculty Recruitment in Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Indore
IIT Indore, India invites application for Faculty Recruitment in Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Indore from eligible and interested candidates
About- Indian Institute of Technology Indore is an Institute of National Importance established in 2009. In a short span of its existence for more than 11 years, IIT Indore has made its presence felt nationally and globally as an Institute of innovation, learning, teaching, and research which is reflected in continuous improvement in its national and international rankings. It is ranked 10th (under the Engineering Institute category) by the National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF) of India for the year 2020. It has consistently secured the highest h-index amongst all new IITs. It has become the preferred choice for the best of the students, faculty members, and staff members. The Institute offers a conducive environment and infrastructure for learning-centric education, research-driven teaching, and innovation, and application-oriented research. The Institute has a very good ecosystem for incubation and entrepreneurship. Faculty Recruitment in Indian Institute
- Astronomy, Astrophysics and Space Engineering
- Biosciences and Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering and Materials Science
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Astronomy, Astrophysics and Space Engineering
|Designation||Area of Specialization|
|Assistant Professor||Space Engineering, Space Electronics, Satellite Navigation and Communication, Satellite Payload Design, Satellite Signals Processing, Radio Frequency Instrumentation, Planetary Explorations and Atmospheric Probes, Synthetic Aperture Radar|
|Associate Professor||Space and Astrophysical Plasma Modeling and Simulation, Computational Astrophysics|
|Professor||Observational Astronomy, Radio Telescope and Instrumentation|
Biosciences and Biomedical Engineering
|Assistant Professor||Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Instrumentation, Non-invasive Biomedical Technologies, Tissue Engineering and Organ Development, Bioprocessing and Control|
|Associate Professor||Multiscale Modeling of Post translational Protein Modification (PTM), Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Glycans and Protein-glycan Complexes, Structure and Dynamics of Proteins and Nucleic Acids, Biomedical Sensing Devices, Host-pathogen Interaction in the context of Bacteria-Virusparasitic Co-infection, Neurodegeneration|
|Professor||Drug Discovery, Structural Biology, NMR Spectroscopy, Molecular Immunology|
|Assistant Professor||Environmental Engineering, Relevant areas of Water Engineering and Management, Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering|
|Associate Professor||Geotechnical and Structural Health Monitoring, Environmental Geotechnics, Unsaturated Soil Mechanics, Hydrological Modelling of Himalayan Watersheds, Climate Change Impacts on Himalayan Water Resources, Glacier Mass and Dynamic Studies|
Computer Science and Engineering
|Assistant Professor||Cyber security, Cryptology, Cyber warfare, Security and Privacy, Computer Hardware and Architecture, Cyber-Physical Systems, Computer Networks, Sensor Networks, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Compilers, Operating Systems, Machine Translation, Runtime Systems, Theoretical Computer Science, Algorithms, Computational Complexity, Computational Geometry, Graph Theory, High Performance Computing, Distributed Systems, Game Theory, Data mining, Data Streaming, Databases, Computer Graphics, Virtualization and Cloud Computing|
|Professor||Evolutionary Approaches, Soft Computing, Neural network learning algorithms, Embedded Systems, Cyber-physical systems, Internet-ofThings, Wireless Sensor Networks, Autonomous Vehicles|
|Assistant Professor||Communications and Signal processing, Image processing, VLSI Design, Internet of Things, Optoelectronics, Embedded systems, Nano & Microelectronics, Control Systems, MEMS, RF & Microwave Engineering, Instrumentation, Power Electronics, Power Systems, Areas relevant to Electric Vehicles, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning|
|Professor||Communications and Signal processing, Image processing, VLSI Design, Nano and microelectronics, Optoelectronics, Solar cell and technology, Organic electronics, Power electronics and Power systems.|
|Assistant Professor||Robotics, Prognostics, Smart manufacturing, Industry 4.0, Cyber physical manufacturing system, industrial internet of things, Agent-based approaches for manufacturing, Manufacturing operations planning, Data analytical, data mining, and machine learning for manufacturing, Operations research, Optimization, Areas relevant to electric vehicles.|
|Professor||Smart Actuators and Sensors, Laser Micromanufacturing, Smart Manufacturing, Prognostics, Thermal Spray Coating, Jet Impingement Cooling, Quenching and Rewetting Heat Transfer, Desiccant cooling, CFD and Heat Transfer|
Metallurgy Engineering and Materials Science
|Associate Professor||Energy Materials, Solidification, Hybrid Materials, Corrosion Engineering, Nanomaterials, Soft Materials, Mechanical Metallurgy, Joining of Materials, Physical Metallurgy, Mechanical behavior of Materials, High Strain Rate Deformation, Synthesis of Superabsorbent Materials, Energy Efficient Coatings, Lightweight components for Transport Applications|
|Professor||Hydrogen Generation and Storage, Nanostructured materials for Generation and Storage of Energy and Electronic Devices|
|Associate Professor||Nanomaterials and Self-assemblies, Organometallic Chemistry|
|Professor||Theoretical/Computational Chemistry, Spectroscopy of Nano-biomaterials, Heterocyclic Synthesis, Supramolecular Organic Chemistry, Nanoparticles based Catalysis, Materials Chemistry|
|Associate Professor||Ranking and Selection, Wave Propagation, Harmonic Analysis, Applied Dynamical Systems, Special Functions|
|Professor||Applied Linear Algebra, Numerical Analysis for Differential Equations, Mathematical Logic, Wavelet Analysis, Geometric Function Theory|
|Assistant Professor||Optics and Photonics|
|Professor||Experimental and Theoretical High Energy Physics, Physics of QGP and String Theory, Experimental condensed Matter Physics, Ferroelectric Materials, Magneto- dielectric/multiferroic Materials, Nano-materials, Nano-devices, Organic/Inorganic Hybrid Materials, Energy Conversion and Storage Materials, Heusler Alloy and Half Metallic Systems, X-ray for Local-structural Studies, Optical Absorption Spectroscopy, Structure Property Correlation and Magnetism.|
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
|Assistant Professor||English Language Teaching, Psychology|
|Associate Professor||Sociology of Religion and Caste, Nationalism, Public Health and Education; Water Governance and Management|
|Professor||Sustainability Studies, Productivity Analysis, Resource Economics, Economics of Innovation, Digital Humanities, Postcolonial Studies, Moral and Political Philosophy|
Location- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Indore, India
Professor: The minimumrequirements for the position of Professor are as follows:
- Educational Qualification: Ph.D. with First class or equivalent grade at the preceding degree in the mentioned area of specializations of the concerned Department/School with excellent academic records throughout and outstanding research output.
- Experience: Minimum ten years of post-PhD teaching and research or industrial experience or their combination,of which at least four-year experience should be at the level of Associate Professor in an IIT, IISc Bangalore, IISER, IIM, NITIE Mumbai or in any such Indian or foreign institutions of comparable or higher standards as ascertained by IIT Indore.
- Other Requirements: Applicant should have demonstrated leadership in research in her/his area of specialization in terms of supervision of PhD and PG students, sponsored research and consultancy projects. He/ She should have very good quality research output in terms of grant of patents, authored books and/or book chapters, publications in high impact factor journals, highly reputed conference proceedings. The applicant is expected to have experience of development of laboratories and course curricula, experience of organizing TEQIP/QIP courses, GIAN courses, participated in schemes such as SPARC, UAY, KIT, IMPRINT and similar academic and outreach activities. The applicant should have hosted/collaborated with other internationally acclaimed academicians and should have organized conferences in his/her area of specialization and having acquired status of an internationally recognized expert, as is expected from Professor in any leading institution.
Associate Professor: The minimum requirements for the position of Associate Professor are as follows:
- Educational Qualifications: Ph.D. with First class or equivalent grade at the preceding degree in the mentioned area of specializations of the concerned Department/School with excellent academic records throughout and outstanding research output.
- Experience: Minimum six years of post-PhD teaching and research or industrial experience or their combination, of which at least three years experience should be at the level of Assistant Professor (Grade-I) / Senior Scientific Officer / Senior Design Engineer or equivalent.
- Other requirements: The applicant should have demonstrated her/his research leadership and output through supervision of PhD and PG students, handling of sponsored research and consultancy projects, grant of patents or good quality publications in high impact factor journals and highly reputed conferences, should have authored book or book chapters. The applicant is expected to have experience of development of laboratories and course curricula, experience of organizing TEQIP/QIP courses, and other academic and outreach activities.
Assistant Professor Grade-I: The minimumrequirements for the position of Assistant Professor Grade-I are as follows:
- Educational Qualifications: Ph.D. with First class or equivalent grade at the preceding degree in the mentioned area of specializations of the concerned Department/School with excellent academic records throughout and outstanding research output. An applicant for an engineering department should have done at least BE/ BTech/ BS (Engineering) / Integrated MTech in the relevant department and preferably ME/ MTech/ MS / MS(Research) in the relevant specialization of the concerned department.
- Experience: Minimum three year of post-PhD teaching or research or industrial experience or their combination.
- Assistant Professor Grade-II: The minimumrequirements for the position of Assistant Professor Grade-II are as follows:
- Educational Qualifications: Ph.D. with First class or equivalent grade at the preceding degree in mentioned area of specializations of the concerned Department/School with excellent academic records throughout and outstanding research output. An applicant for an engineering department should have done at least BE/ BTech/ BS (Engineering) / Integrated MTech in the relevant department and preferably ME/ MTech/ MS / MS(Research) in the relevant specialization of the concerned department.
- Age: Maximum 35 years as on the last date of submission of online application form.
The pay structure for various positions, as per 7th CPC, are as follows:
|Position||Pay Level||Min. Basic Pay/Month (₹)||Total Emoluments including HRA* (₹)|
|Assistant Professor Grade-I||12||1,01,500/-||1,43,419/-|
|Assistant Professor Grade-II||10||70,900/-||1,02,721/-|
*HRA would not be admissible if accommodation is provided within the campus
- Application Fee: Applicant must pay following non-refundable amount using net-banking and upload the UTR/Transaction/Payment reference in the field provided in the online application portal:
- SC/ST applicant, Faculty applicant from IIT Indore : No Fee
- OBC-NC, PwD, EWS, and Female applicant : ₹500
- Others : ₹1,000
How to Apply-
The applicant must apply online by visiting the website or Click here to apply ONLINE.
Certificates and relevant documents (including the list of all the publications in the required format) are to be uploaded in pdf file in the online application portal. Also, upload pdf files of up to maximum 10 best research papers.
- The applicant is required to send the hardcopy of duly signed printout of the online filled Application Form along with the required documents, duly selfattested, to the following address prescribing on the Envelope “Application for the position of ___________________ Department of __________________”.
- The Faculty Affairs Office,
- 6th Floor, Abhinandan Bhavan,
- Indian Institute of Technology Indore,
- Simrol, Khandwa Road, Indore,
- Madhya Pradesh – 453552
Last Date for Apply– 15 April 2021
Last date for filling the online application is at IST 2359 hours on 15th April 2021 and submission of signed hardcopy of the same is 30th April 2021.
The applicant should retain a copy of the filled application form for future reference.
The referees should be requested to send the reference letters by email at email@example.com or bypost as mentioned above at Para 8(c).
For any query, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91(0)7316603556/3488 (Ext. 3556/3488).