Post-doctoral Fellowships 2020 in University of Pisa, Italy
Designation/Position- Post-doctoral Fellowships 2020
University of Pisa, Italy invites application for Post-doctoral Fellowships 2020 from eligible and interested candidates
About- The human genome sequencing has represented the beginning of a new era in biomedicine that is rapidly transforming our understanding of human diseases and, consequently, our ability to prevent and treat them. The founding elements of this revolution are represented by the possibility of digitalizing the disease through omics analyses and understanding causal genetic and environmental mechanisms. The availability of tools for quantitative analysis might translate the evaluation of the risk of disease from the population dimension to the individual, and the choice of treatment from the disease to the patient (Precision Medicine). Post-doctoral Fellowships 2020
The impact of Precision Medicine is more evident in the field of oncology, as exemplified by the recent use of numerous personalized therapies in routine clinical activity. Some of these therapies have radically modified the natural history of specific tumor types.
FUV will award 162 fellowships to top-level scientists (fundamental scientists or clinical scientists) in the field of Precision Medicine.
Research/Job Area- Medicine, Biological and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biotechnology, Biostatistics, Computation Biology, Physics, Mathematics
FUV aims at accelerating the transition toward Precision Medicine and supports the highest quality research projects (whether fundamental, translational, or clinical) designed to identify novel approaches to the PREVENTION, EARLY DETECTION and DIAGNOSIS, and TREATMENT of human diseases that favor LONG SURVIVAL in the fields of ONCOLOGY, CARDIOVASCULAR diseases, NEUROSCIENCE and LIFE STYLE for DISEASE PREVENTION.
Location- University of Pisa, Italy
- Experimental research.
- Italian and foreign researchers holding a scientific degree in Medicine, Biological and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biotechnology, Biostatistics, Computation Biology, Physics, Mathematics.
- Post-graduate qualification (i.e., specialization or PhD) in health-related fields is required.
- Selected candidates must carry out their research project in leading Italian institutions.
- Italian and foreign medical doctors. Candidates must hold a degree in Medicine and have clinical research experience and post-graduate qualification (i.e., specialization or PhD).
- Selected candidates must carry out their work in leading Italian Research-Hospitals and shall – based on their expertise – become members of specialized clinical teams, led by top-level referents.
- Please make sure that all qualifications held by foreign candidates are equivalent to their Italian counterparts, in order for them to be able to see patients in Italy.
- Candidates who do not fulfil the legal requirements to work as clinicians in Italy will be excluded from the evaluation procedure.
- Please be explicit in the Letter of Acceptance by the Hosting Institute that the candidate meets the legal criteria to work as a clinician.
– All candidates must have officially obtained a PhD or specialization degree not later than 05 September 2019 (official grant applications closing date).
– All candidates (except women with children, see below) must be under the age of 43 on 1st January 2020. If awarded, the candidate will be asked to confirm in writing that he/she meets these requirements.
– Women with children are allowed to count one extra year per child. If awarded, the candidate will be asked to provide a “family certificate”.
The 12-month fellowships will only be awarded to researchers (Italian or foreigners) for research work at Italian institutions. There are no fellowships available for research work outside of Italy.
All applications sent by the deadline and meeting the eligibility criteria will be evaluated by a Scientific Committee that will establish two ranking lists, one for the fundamental-research projects and one for clinical-research projects
- Grants awarded by FUV will have a duration of 12 months (for fellowships in experimental and clinical research) or 6 months (for travel grants) and will start on 1st January 2020.
- However, the starting date can be postponed until no later than 1st April 2020. It will not be possible, under any circumstances, to further postpone the starting date.
How to Apply- To start application submission, please enter your name, surname, email address, fiscal code and your proposed type of research (experimental or clinical).
You will then be directed to the correct application form.
In the submission form, you will be asked to provide, in separate files, the following documents:
- Candidate’s CV (max 4000 characters including spaces)
- List of scientific peer-reviewed publications (no character limits)
- A short abstract of the proposed project (max 2000 characters including spaces)
- A description of the proposed research project – background, experimental plan, and description of expected results and future applications to health – (max 9000 characters including spaces).
- Bibliography is NOT included in the 9000 characters of the project description and must be inserted in a separate field of the form with no space limits.
- PI’s CV (max 2000 characters including spaces)
· Two letters of recommendation not dated before 1st January 2018 (mandatory). One letter can be written by the hosting P.I.
· A letter of acceptance by the hosting institute, signed by the legal representative of the institute (mandatory).
. A report on any previous projects undertaken with a grant from Fondazione Umberto Veronesi (if any) (max three pages)
· Preliminary results of the project (if available) (max two pages).
· All application materials must be written in English.
· All files must be in PDF or Word format.
· Each candidate is allowed to enter only one application. Candidates who enter more than one application will be excluded from the evaluation process.
· After sending the final submission of your application, it will NOT be possible under any circumstances to ask for amendments or corrections.
Last Date for Apply– 5 September 2019