Post-Doctoral (PDF) Position at Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar
Designation/Position- Post-Doctoral (PDF) Position at IIT
Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar, India invites application for Post-Doctoral (PDF) Position at IIT from eligible and interested candidates
About- Dedicated and hardworking candidates are invited to apply for the “ONE” postdoctoral position under the mentorship of Dr. Himanshu Tyagi, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Ropar.
Research/Job Area- Mechanical Engineering
Location- Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar
- The candidate should have expertise in the field of heat & mass transfer, thermodynamics, solar thermal systems.
- Good quality publications in the relevant field (heat & mass transfer, thermodynamics, solar thermal systems).
- Very good knowledge of the subject of ‘Heat & Mass Transfer‘.
- Good knowledge of numerical tools (such as MATLAB or SCILAB etc).
- Good written and oral communication skills, and the ability to do multi-task, effectively.
Ph.D. Degree holders in Mechanical Engineering are eligible to apply within five years after completion of their Ph.D. OR
Candidates who have submitted the thesis are also eligible. However, in the case of selection, the selected candidate has to complete the Ph.D. viva (defense) within three months from the date of joining (extendable by another three months in special cases). OR
Candidates who completed Ph.D. supervised/co-supervised by faculty members from IIT Ropar can apply after 3 years of completion of their Ph.D.
The candidate will be working on “Water Purification Using Solar Energy-Driven Humidification-Dehumidification (HDH) Technique”.
The position is contractual and renewable for up to three years based on the candidate’s satisfactory performance, which will be renewed each year. The progress of the candidate will be reviewed every six months.
Fellowship: As per the Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship (Rs. 40,000/- before viva, Rs. 45,000/- to Rs. 55,000/- after completion of viva and depending upon the experience and qualification).
How to Apply-
Submit the following documents to the undersigned by email anytime before 5pm IST on 26-Mar-2021 (Fri). The subject line of that email should be “Application for Post-Doc Position under supervision of Dr. Himanshu Tyagi”.
1. Completely filled & signed application form. Application form (WORD format) is attached along with this advertisement for your convenience.
2. Detailed CV
3. Two letters of recommendation (LOR). These 2 LORs should preferably be emailed directly to the undersigned by the persons who are writing these letters, and should arrive before the deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted through email