Post Doctoral Research Fellow
Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia invites application for
Post Doctoral Research Fellow position from eligible and interested candidates
About- Deakin University and Southwest University based in Chongqing, China have established a joint research Centre on Agricultural Big Data. The intent being to build upon the long-term focus of Southwest University in the area of agriculture with Deakin’s growing reputation in data analytics and sustainable regional and rural development through the establishment of industry focused, innovative research projects.
Group have a network of campuses, learning centres and research centres across Victoria and corporate offices in Melbourne, China, Indonesia, India and Sri Lanka. Our online Cloud campus provides more than 13,000 students with access to state-of-the-art digital tools and direct access to world-renowned academics.
Research/Job Area- Multidisciplinary research with a focus on life sciences or a closely related discipline
Location- Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia
- post-doctoral/professional experience in multidisciplinary research with a focus on life sciences or a closely related discipline with evidence in high-quality publications, conference papers, reports, or professional or technical contributions
- a capacity to plan and coordinate the design and delivery of collaborative research projects within your area of expertise and organisation of related meetings, workshops and conferences
- an ability to plan, initiate and conduct high quality research in the life sciences area including an ability to supervise research students
- strengths in establishing and maintaining highly effective working relationships with a diverse range of people
- a willingness to travel to China, and demonstrated fluency in English and Mandarin is preferable
Job/Position Description- The Post Doctoral Research Fellow will play a key role in the development of this collaboration and will make a substantial contribution to managing the relationship between the two Universities and in coordinating joint research activities in the areas of Agricultural Big Data and higher degree research (HDR) supervision.
This is a 3 year fixed-term position and can be situated at either the Geelong Waurn Ponds or Melbourne Burwood campus.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- contribute to your specific area of research, scholarship or creative activity through publication or exhibition in quality outlets
- contribute to research projects and collaborations to create new insights and opportunities in relation to the joint collaboration and which lead to demonstrable outcomes
- contribute to the successful development of research programs and partnerships between the two Universities
- supervision and/or examination of honours students or assistance with supervision, management and timely completion of HDR students
- lifting the research profile and reputation of Deakin by means of public lectures, seminars, public debate and policy formation on key research issues
How to Apply- Interested and eligible candidate can apply online. When applying, please include a complete resume and responses to the selection criteria.
Last Date for Apply– 3 February 2019