Postdoctoral Fellow and Postgraduate Opportunities: Join the Marine Biogeochemical Dynamics Laboratory and explore exciting opportunities for postdoctoral research and postgraduate study (MPhil, PhD) in Environmental Science. Hong Kong offers attractive funding options, including the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) and CUHK Vice-Chancellor HKPFS Scholarship. Application deadline: 1st December.
- Postdoctoral Fellow
- Postgraduate Student (MPhil, PhD)
Research Area: Environmental Science
Location: Marine Biogeochemical Dynamics Laboratory, Hong Kong
- For Postdoctoral Fellow: Ph.D. in a related field.
- For Postgraduate Study (MPhil, PhD): Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
- Passion for environmental science and research.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency in English.
Postdoctoral Fellow and Postgraduate Study Opportunities in Environmental Science
The Marine Biogeochemical Dynamics Laboratory invites applications for postdoctoral and postgraduate study opportunities in Environmental Science. We welcome enthusiastic candidates interested in environmental research.
- Conduct advanced research in environmental science.
- Collaborate with experts in the field.
- Publish research findings.
- Mentor graduate students.
Postgraduate Study (MPhil, PhD):
- Pursue higher education in Environmental Science.
- Engage in research projects.
- Access funding opportunities for tuition and living expenses.
Funding Opportunities: Explore funding options for your studies in Hong Kong:
Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS):
- Monthly stipend of HK$26,600 (approx. US$3,400).
- Conference travel allowance of HK$13,300 (approx. US$1,700) per year for up to three years.
CUHK Vice-Chancellor HKPFS Scholarship:
- Tuition fee waiver.
- HK$40,000 (approx. US$5,130) lodging award for the first year and HK$20,000 for subsequent years.
- Waived on-campus hostel fee in the first year.
- Guaranteed on-campus accommodation for eligible awardees.
Application Process (General):
- Applications accepted from 1 September (Hong Kong Time).
- Submit an initial application to the Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC) and obtain an HKPFS reference number.
- Choose up to two programs in each application.
- RGC Application deadline: 1 December at 12 noon (Hong Kong Time).
- Submit a full application through CUHK’s Online Application System for Postgraduate Programmes and include the HKPFS reference number.
- CUHK Application deadline: 1 December at 5 pm (Hong Kong Time).
- Provide required supporting documents.
For detailed information and application instructions, visit CUHK’s Graduate School website.
Last Date for Apply: The application deadline for all opportunities is 1st December. Don’t miss your chance to pursue environmental science research in Hong Kong with attractive funding options. Apply now!