Postdoctoral Research Fellow 2019 in UNSW Australia’s Global University
UNSW Sydney – Australia’s Global University invites application for Postdoctoral Research Fellow
2019 position from eligible and interested candidates
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Research Fellow 2019
The Centre of Marine Bio-Innovation (CMB)
The CMB is an internationally recognised focal point for research on environmental microbiology and marine ecology and is highlighted as a prime research centre at UNSW (www.cmb.unsw.edu.au). A major research theme of the CMB is the study of interactions between marine eukaryotes and their associated microbiome, both in natural and applied settings. The CMB has more than 40 researchers and a strong collaborative network within Australia and overseas.
The School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences (BEES)
The School of BEES has over 148 academic staff, over 170 research students and 60 honours students. BEES incorporates environmentally-relevant disciplines enabling the School to undertake comprehensive education and research in the mainstream disciplines of biology, geography and geology.
The appointee will be located within the CMB and administrated through BEES.
Research/Job Area- Microbiology or a related field
Location- UNSW Sydney – Australia’s Global University
- PhD in microbiology or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in experimental design and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in qPCR and DNA sequencing.
- Expertise in sequence data analysis and bioinformatics.
- Demonstrated experience in developing molecular detection techniques and assays.
- Demonstrate experience in microscopy and basic molecular cloning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated capability to produce high-quality research publications.
- The ability and willingness to supervise researchers and students.
- Knowledge in host-associated microbiomes and/or aquaculture is desirable, but not essential.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety
- $93,578 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Fixed Term – 33 months
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The role of the Postdoctoral Research Fellow is to undertake research in the area of host-microbe interactions and microbial community analysis.
How to Apply- You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application for Postdoctoral Research Fellow 2019. Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
For Contact- Professor Torsten Thomas
Last Date for Apply– 13 January 2019