Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Researcher- 2019
Nanophotonic Spectroscopy for Life Sciences, IMEC, Belgium invites application for Postdoctoral Researcher- 2019 position from eligible and interested candidates
About- Within imec’s Life Science and Imaging department, group’s R&D activities focus on the development of novel tools for health care applications. In particular, Research group is investigating sensor technologies that allow non-invasive investigation of molecular parameters in different applications. Optical techniques are especially interesting in this context, and especially optical spectroscopy can reveal molecular fingerprints directly. For instance, bioreactors, which uses biological processes in the production of cells, micro-organisms, proteins or other biochemical substances, are complicated environments that require monitoring of multiple parameters. Spectroscopic techniques are particularly interesting as they allow non-invasive or minimally invasive characterization of the (bio)chemical content of the reactor volume.
Research group is aiming at aggressively miniaturized spectroscopy instrumentation to interface with bioreactors and/or photonic integration of spectroscopic techniques directly or indirectly with the bioreactor volume.
Research group is now looking for a motivated fresh or experienced PhD to join us to help validate these spectroscopic techniques in realistic conditions.
Research/Job Area- (Bio)physics, Chemistry, Nanotechnology, or Engineering
Project Title- Nanophotonic Spectroscopy for Life Sciences
Location- imec’s Life Science and Imaging department,
- You have a PhD in the field of (bio)physics, chemistry, nanotechnology, or engineering. Experience with optical spectroscopy is an asset.
- Research group value your hands-on experience with data analysis and chemometrics
- Your hands-on experience with advanced spectroscopic techniques (Raman (spontaneous, stimulated CARS) spectroscopy, FTIR, UV-Vis etc) and photonic sensors is an asset
- Research group is looking for a self-motivated, innovative, results driven, and team-oriented candidate.
- Research group appreciate good communication and interpersonal skills to link research groups and project partners.
- Given the international character of imec, excellent knowledge of English is a must.
Research group offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together,
Research group shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
Research group is aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary.
This postdoctoral position is funded by imec through KU Leuven. Because of the specific financing statute which targets international mobility for postdocs, only candidates who did not stay or work/study in Belgium for more than 24 months in the past 3 years can be considered for the position (short stays such as holiday, participation in conferences, etc. are not taken into account).
As Postdoctoral Researcher Nanophotonic Spectroscopy for Life Sciences, you will:
- Develop novel spectroscopic techniques, using e.g. spontaneous Raman, coherent anti-Stokes Raman and stimulated Raman scattering for real-time monitoring of multiple parameters in bioreactors using new imec technology.
- Design custom chips, interact with photonic designers and process integration engineers and validate the approach using bench-top spectroscopic equipment.
- Work together with biophysics and biochemistry researchers to validate the assays.
- Carry out your work in imec’s life lab, where you can work together with an international, multidisciplinary team.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply for Postdoctoral Researcher – 2019 position online.
Last Date for Apply– Till position end