Designation/Position- RA Positions at CIAB
Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing, Mohali, India invites application for RA Positions at CIAB from eligible and interested candidates
About- Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB) is an autonomous national institute under Department of Biotechnology (Govt. of India). This futuristic innovation institute of its own kind in the country has a mission of advancing knowledge, leads and emerging technologies/processes relevant to agri-food sector towards applications and products. It aims to link them with societal benefits through catalysing/promoting entrepreneurial action around bioprocesses, bio-products, value-addition to bioproducts etc. with special reference to the agrifood sector. Currently, the four major mandated R&D areas in hand at the institute are (A) Value Addition to Primary Processing Residues/ Wastes for Edible Products; (B) Valorisation of Crop Waste for Speciality Products and Chemicals; (C) Nutritionals, nutraceuticals and upgradation of value or use of bio-products, (D)
Biosynthetic technology/synthetic biology for low volume-high value products and industrial enzymes. RA Positions at CIAB
Research/Job Area- Chemical Engg./Biochemical Engg./ Environmental Engineering/ Biotechnology/Life Sciences
- Research Associate-I (Chemical Engineering)
- Ph.D in Chemical Engg./Biochemical Engg./Environmental Engineering/Biotechnology from a recognized University/Institute having at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal. OR
- M.E./M.Tech. in Chemical Engg./Biochemical Engg./Biotechnology with three years’ experience in industry/research/teaching and having at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
- B.E./B.Tech should be in Chemical Engg./ Biochemical Engg./ Biotechnology.
- Desired Experience – Biomass Valorisation/Agro-Bioprocessing / Process Engineering.
- Age limit – 35 Years
- Research Associate
- Qualifications: Ph.D. in Life Sciences (Biology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Microbiology) or Food Science & Technology from a recognized University/Institute with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
- Age limit – 35 Years for Research Associate
- Research Associate-I (Chemical Engineering) – One position
- Fellowship – Rs. 47,000/- per month + (HRA as admissible or Hostel facility, if available)
- Tenure: One Year, extendable (post-evaluation) for subsequent years subject to satisfactory progress, institutional needs and financial provisions.
- Research Associate – One position
- Fellowship – Rs. 47,000/- per month + (16% HRA as admissible or Hostel facility, if available)
- Tenure: One Year, extendable on annual basis for subsequent years subject to satisfactory progress, institutional needs and financial provisions.
How to Apply-
The interested candidates may send their filled-in application form (available on institute’s website) along with self-attested photocopies of relevant education, experience, caste (if applicable) certificates by e-mail only to: firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 11th December 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview through video-conferencing mode.
Please note that no hard copy of application is required at this stage.