R&D Proposals 2020 in Synthetic Biology by BIRAC, India
Designation/Position- R&D Proposals 2020
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), India invites application for R&D Proposals 2020 from eligible and interested candidates
About- Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), a Public Sector Undertaking, of Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, has been set up to nurture the Biotech Innovation Ecosystem, support Start-ups and SME’s for innovation research and promote affordable product development through public-private partnership. R&D Proposals 2020
- Pathway engineering/genome engineering in microorganisms and algae for:
- Fine chemicals
- Speciality chemicals
- Improved enzyme systems
- Development of synthetic genetic parts and synthetic circuits
Location- Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), India
- A single or consortia of Indian company (ies)*,
- Limited liability partnerships
- Non-academic Individuals
The proposals can be applied either alone, or in collaboration where applicable as per
BIRAC invites proposals from Biotech Start-ups and Individual Entrepreneurs with innovative idea having potential for commercialization. Eligible entities include:
- Start up age allowed for a registered company/ LLP incorporated under BIG w.e.f 1st Jan 2019: 5 years
- Scientists, Faculty, Research Scholars, Graduates in any discipline incubating/ intend to incubate at a BioIncubator
- Eligibility criteria for startups under BIG has been revised.
Request for Proposal (RFP) document
- Supports high level innovation in the Biotech sector and is not meant for basic research projects.
- Grant-in-aid up-to INR 50 lakhs for a maximum period of 18 months
- Implementation and Mentoring through BIRAC’s BIG Partners
How to Apply- Proposals are required to be submitted online only.
BIG scheme allows only online submission of proposals. For proposal submission please register on BIRAC website under “BIG User”. User registration is open round the clock. For further details on the scheme, eligibility criteria, FAQs and registration log on to www.birac.nic.in.
Note: Prior recipients of BIG grant are ineligible
For more details, about registration and proposal submission, please log on to BIRAC website (www.birac.nic.in)
For Contact- email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date for Apply– 15 February 2020 (05:30 PM)
See Position Details-
Click here to apply-
Join Our Discussion Forum – Keep your view, share knowledge/opportunity and ask your questions