Research Associate Job at IIT Bombay, Maharashtra, India
Designation/Position- Research Associate at IIT Bombay
IIT Bombay, Maharashtra, India invites applications for Research Associate at IIT Bombay from eligible and interested candidates
About- Established in 1958, the second of its kind, IIT Bombay was the first to be set up with foreign assistance. The funds from UNESCO came as Roubles from the then-Soviet Union. In 1961 Parliament decreed the IITs as ‘Institutes of National Importance’. Since then, IITB has grown from strength to strength to emerge as one of the top technical universities in the world.
Research/Job Area- Mechanical/Manufacturing/Production /Metallurgical Engineering/Materials Science
Location- IIT Bombay, Maharashtra, India
M.Tech. in Mechanical/Manufacturing/Production /Metallurgical Engineering/Materials Science
- Proven expertise in handling high end equipment used in manufacturing and materials characterization/testing (CAD/CAM, CNC Machining, Precision Machining, UTM etc.)
- Experience in optical and electron microscopy
- Good written and oral communication
1. Exposure to XRD/SEM/TEM characterization 2. Exposure to computational skills (ML, FEM, MD, etc.)
Post is reserved for SC
Job Title– Project Research Associate
Job Reference Number 50507281
Application End Date– 15.11.2023
Type of Employment– Proj. Staff Contract
No. of Position(s)– 1
Project title: Institute of Eminence (IOE Cell) project
About the project: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay is looking for the self-motivated candidate for the Position of Project Research Associate in World Class Research Laboratories in Advanced Manufacturing and Materials.
- The candidate will provide support in setting and operations of research lab in precision manufacturing and materials.
- The candidate will also support both the internal and external users of different facilities, once operations start.
- The candidate will support the research of the faculty and students associated with the
Advanced Manufacturing and Materials Lab
Level PR-O1: Salary range from Rs.33600 to Rs. 67200 (annual increment: Rs. 4800) + Rs.6250/Out of Campus Allowance (if applicable) p.m.
The position is temporary for a period of 1 year and depending on the candidate’s performance, the contract will be renewable annually till the duration of the project, i.e., till March 2025. The appointment is for time bound project and the candidate is required to work mainly for the successful completion of the project.
How to Apply-
Eligible and interested candidates can apply online.
For any queries/clarification please contact: email@example.com