Designation/Position- Research Associate at RGCB
Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB), Thiruvananthapuram, India invites application for Research Associate at RGCB from eligible and interested candidates
About- Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology is a research institute in India, exclusive devoted to research in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology. It is located at Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of the state of Kerala in India. Research Associate at RGCB
Research/Job Area- Life Sciences
- Essential Qualifications:
- The candidate must have PhD in any branch of Biological Sciences. PhD thesis submitted are also eligible for RA’ship. Selection in such cases will be subject to the condition that PhD viva-voce done & declared qualified for award of PhD/ awarded PhD degree before the selection interview.
- Research experience of at least 3 years as evidenced by a publication in peer review journal other than MSc project work, in the relevant area is required.
- Desirable Qualifications: As the work includes animal tissue culture and animal tumor models, prior experience with animal cell culture and animal handling is desirable.
- Age: Below 35 years as on April 9, 2021. Age relaxation will be given as per Govt. of India norms.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for one position of Research Associate in the CSIR funded research project entitled “Evaluation and in vivo validation of tryptanthrin analogues as potent lead molecules for malignant melanoma chemotherapy” in the laboratory of Dr. Ruby John Anto at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Fellowship: ₹ 47,000/- + 16% HRA per month.
- Duration: Initially for a period of one year and extendable up to three years or till termination of the project based on performance evaluation on yearly basis.
The selected candidate will initially be appointed provisionally and final appointment will be given on approval and formalization of the selection by CSIR. The salary of the candidate will be disbursed only after getting the final approval of the appointment from CSIR.
How to Apply-
Suitably qualified candidates may send applications in the prescribed format with a photograph, a copy of full resume indicating the percentage of Marks obtained and attested photocopies of credentials and experience to reach the undersigned only through Email on or before April 9, 2021. Application form along with all supporting documents should be submitted as a single PDF file to email@example.com. The Advertisement number along with the position for which the candidate is applying should be mentioned in the “SUBJECT” part of the Email. If a candidate wishes to apply for different positions, separate application forms should be submitted for each position. Selection to the position will not entitle the candidate to any future positions at RGCB (permanent or otherwise). As with all project positions at RGCB, the position will be co terminus with end of the project.