Designation/Position- SERB Fund for Industrial Research
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), India invites applications for SERB Fund for Industrial Research from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Program “Fund for Industrial Research Engagement (SERB-FIRE)”, led by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) under Industry Relevant R&D (IRRD) scheme, with support from industry members, intends to address the challenges in the research and innovation space in India, by creating an ecosystem that would accelerate the growth in the research work with national impact, and drive the R&D landscape efficiently and effectively. Through the SERB Industry-Academia Programs, the government and other industry partners create a pool of funding, resources and network that would enable strong research projects with breakthrough impact on some of the major issues of the country.
Research/Job Area- In a related area
- Applicants [Principal Investigator (PI) and / or Co-Principal Investigator(s) (Co-PI(s))] should be Indian citizens. Foreign nationals (including OCI and NRI) are also eligible to apply provided they fulfill the eligibility criteria notified by SERB (SERB Funding Guidelines for foreign nationals dated 27th Oct 2016) and The Gazette of India Notification of Ministry of Home Affairs vide. S.O. 1050(E) dated 4th March 2021 in respect of OCIs.
- The applicant(s) must hold a regular academic/research position in a recognized academic institution or national laboratory or in any other recognized R & D institution in India with at least 3 years of service remaining. The term “Regular” refers to the applicants who are appointed against the sanctioned post or in a tenure post but are likely to be renewed after the end of the tenure.
The program with a co-funding mechanism between SERB and industry, with an equal share, has been commenced.
Proposals are invited from scientists working in research institutions including academic institutions, and R&D Laboratories under the category of Breakthrough Applied Research, which seeks to work towards transformative impact pertaining to the research priority for a specific industry sponsor. The application should fall under any one of the thrust areas or their combinations. Applicants are advised to go through the problem statements as given in the annexure and should clearly specify the problem/s that they are going to address. Single or multiple Principal Investigators can submit the research plan.
How to Apply-
The Call for proposals will be notified through the website “www.serbonline.in” and www.serb.gov.in and through the industry medium. The proposal highlighting the research work to be undertaken should be submitted online through the website “www.serbonline.in”.
For successful online submission of the application the following points may be noted:
- PI(s) should first register on the online website click here to register.
- After log-in, PI(s) are required to fill all the mandatory fields in the Profile Detail section under User Profile. which includes Bio-data, Photo, Institute addresses etc.
- If you have a Co-PI in your proposal then ensure that all the Co-PI are also registered into the system following the same procedure.
- Some of the details of your proposal like Project Title (max 500 characters), Project summary (max 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Objectives of the project (max 1500 characters), Expected output and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters), Budget (Manpower, Consumables, Travel, Equipment, Contingency, Overheads ) have to be entered at the time of proposal submission.
- Other relevant information about the proposal has to be uploaded in a single PDF file not more than 10 MB like another technical document (OTD). Download Template