Designation/Position- Special Recruitment Drive at IISc
Indian Institute of Science Bangalore invites applications for Special Recruitment Drive at IISc from eligible and interested candidates.
About- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) invites applications from exceptionally bright and motivated individuals with an established record of high-quality research and a strong commitment to research as well as teaching under a special recruitment drive for SC/ST/OBCNCL/EWS/PWD categories for Assistant Professor positions in its various academic departments and centers.
- On the application portal, applicants can indicate up to three departments/centres among the ones listed below.
- Applicants are urged to look up the web pages of the individual departments before exercising their choice of departments.
- Only one application is allowed to be “Under Process” per applicant.
Biological Sciences: Biochemistry (BC); Centre for Ecological Sciences (CES); Centre for Neuroscience (CNS); Microbiology and Cell Biology (MCB); Molecular Biophysics Unit (MBU); Molecular Reproduction, Development and Genetics (MRDG).
Chemical Sciences: Inorganic and Physical Chemistry (IPC); Materials Research Centre (MRC); Organic Chemistry (OC); Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit (SSCU).
Physical and Mathematical Sciences: Centre for High Energy Physics (CHEP); Instrumentation and Applied Physics (IAP); Mathematics; Physics.
Electrical, Electronics, and Computer Sciences (EECS): Computer Science and Automation (CSA); Electrical Communication Engineering (ECE); Electrical Engineering (EE); Electronic Systems Engineering (ESE).
Mechanical Sciences: Aerospace Engineering; Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (CAOS); Centre for Earth Sciences; Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing (CPDM); Centre for Sustainable Technologies (CST); Chemical Engineering; Civil Engineering; Materials Engineering; Mechanical Engineering.
Interdisciplinary Research: Centre for Biosystems Science and Engineering (BSSE); Centre for Nano Science and Engineering (CeNSE); Computational and Data Sciences (CDS); Management Studies (MS); Robert Bosch Centre for Cyber-Physical Systems (RBCCPS).
- The following interdisciplinary centers do not recruit faculty members directly.
- An applicant affiliated with one of these centers must be recruited as a faculty member in one of the departments/centers listed above.
- Applicants can list one or more of the following centers against their three choices in the application portal if their research interests align best with those centers.
- The interdisciplinary centers selected by the applicant will assist in evaluating the application form.
- If the applicant is selected, they will be assigned as a faculty member in one of the departments/centers listed above (in consultation with the applicant) and as a joint faculty member in the interdisciplinary center of their interest.
Interdisciplinary Centres: Centre for Infrastructure, Sustainable Transportation and Urban Planning (CiSTUP); Divecha Centre for Climate Change (DCCC); Interdisciplinary Centre for Energy Research (ICER); Interdisciplinary Centre for Water Research (ICWAR).
Location- Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
Ph.D., with First Class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) in the preceding degree, and a good academic record throughout.
A minimum of three years of teaching/research/professional experience, excluding the experience gained while pursuing a Ph.D. In exceptional cases, candidates with less than requisite experience will also be considered with appropriate changes to the salary.
The scale of pay: Level 12 with basic pay of Rs. 1,01,500/-. After three years of service in Level 12, pay will be fixed in Level 13A1 with basic pay of Rs. 1,31,400/-.
Total minimum emoluments (including Dearness and Transport Allowances): Rs. 1,73,063 per month with house rent allowance, and Rs. 1,45,658 per month if staying on the campus.
How to Apply-
Applicants have to log in to https://recruitment.iisc.ac.in/frp/ to fill out the online application form. If an applicant has an existing “Under Process” application, the applicant can update the application during the drive period. Only one “Under Process” application is allowed per applicant. The following documents are required (in PDF format) to be uploaded along with the application form, as indicated in the portal.
- Curriculum vitae with a list of all publications.
- Up to 5 selected publications of the applicant.
- A detailed research Plan. The research plan should also include the laboratory space requirement and equipment and the estimated cost(including any laboratory preparation costs).
- A articulated teaching plan at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- LatestCaste and/or Disability Certificate from the competent authority as per Gol norms, as applicable.
- Any other relevant information the applicant may wish to furnish.
For any further information related to this advertisement, please contact The Registrar, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, INDIA Phone: +91-80-23600757/22932444 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a CC to email@example.com email address.