Post-doctoral Position in Saudi Arabia, King Abdullah University
Designation/Position- Post-doctoral Position in Saudi Arabia
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia invites application for Post-doctoral Position in Saudi Arabia from eligible and interested candidates
About- King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). KAUST, founded in 2009, is located at the shores of the Red Sea in Saudi Arabia. KAUST ranks at the top of the Nature ‘Rising Stars’ Index, and is among the world’s top 20 institutes in the 2019 Nature normalized academic ranking. KAUST provides outstanding research facilities, including a Titan KRIOS with phase plate, Quantum GIF Gatan filter, K2 Summit direct detector and powerful GPU computer clusters, as well as other TEMs (Titan CT, TECNAI, with additional cryoTEMs planned to be added). KAUST also hosts NMR spectrometers (600, 700, 800 and 950 MHz) and an in-house X-ray source and good synchrotron access. KAUST has a community with more than 100 nationalities, pristine coral reefs and about two hours of rain per year. Research specialist Position
Research/Job Area- Computational methods, bioinformatics, biophysics and biochemistry
- Hybrid approaches in structural biology:
- cryo-EM, X-ray crystallography, SAXS, NMR, computational methods, bioinformatics, biophysics and biochemistry.
- Functional characterization on a cellular and organismal level are carried out in close collaboration with local and international collaborators.
Project- Structural and functional analysis of a multiprotein signalling complexes involved in immune responses in eukaryotes.
Location- Environmental Science and Engineering Division, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia
- Experience in protein expression, purification and characterization;
- Expertise in single particle cryo-EM.
- Further expertise in X-ray crystallography and/or NMR is a plus.
- A high level of motivation and the ability to work as part of a team are essential.
Remuneration: Highly competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and various benefits.
Starting Date: Available from April 2020, but later starting dates can be accommodated
How to Apply- Upload the following documents:
– Up-to-date CV
– Statement of research experience
– Contact information for at least two referees
Last Date for Apply– Open until filled