Dartmouth College, USA invites application for Postdoctoral Fellows Position 2020 in USA from eligible and interested candidates
About- Founded in 2014, under the leadership of President Philip Hanlon, the Society of Fellows aims to foster intellectual community at the highest levels and broadly across the institution. Postdoctoral Fellows Position 2020 in USA
These fellowships foster the academic careers of scholars who have recently received their Ph.D. degrees by permitting them to pursue their research while gaining mentored experience as teachers and members of the departments and/or programs in which they are housed.
Research/Job Area- Humanities, social sciences, sciences, interdisciplinary programs, engineering, business and medicine.
Location- Dartmouth College, USA
Applicants for the 2021 – 2024 Society Fellowships must have completed a Ph.D. no earlier than January 1, 2019, and must have their degree in hand by June 30, 2021.
Selection criteria include exceptional and innovative research, ability to transcend disciplinary boundaries, and potential to contribute to an interdisciplinary community of scholars.
Dartmouth is highly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive population of students, faculty, and staff.
Research group is especially interested in applicants who are able to work effectively with fellows, faculty, students, and staff from all backgrounds, including but not limited to: racial and ethnic minorities, women, individuals who identify with LGBTQ+ communities, individuals with disabilities, individuals from lower income backgrounds, and/or first generation college graduates.
Research group seek candidates who are prepared to initiate an innovative post-doctoral project.
Applications will be accepted in the various fields of humanities, social sciences, sciences, interdisciplinary programs, engineering, business and medicine.
Postdoctoral Fellowships normally run for up to 36 months, beginning on September 1 and ending on August 31st of the final year.
Fellows receive a monthly stipend of $4,600 plus benefits, and $5,000 annually to support computing, travel and research needs.
The departments and/or programs where fellows are appointed Lecturers have the primary responsibility for providing office and working space for Fellows, as well as access to other research needs or equipment.
How to Apply-
Applications are accepted through Interfolio at apply.interfolio.com/77464. A complete application packet consists of the following:
- Interfolio Society of Fellows application cover sheet
- a personal statement outlining your scholarly agenda: completed research (including dissertation), plans for the three-year fellowship (including new research beyond the dissertation), and any other information related to your professional goals (1,500-word limit)
- describe the work of at least two faculty who might serve as mentors, summarize your teaching interests, explain why you wish to be part of a multidisciplinary cohort and how your life experiences have prepared you to advance Dartmouth’s commitments to diversity, equity, and inclusion (750 words)
- a curriculum vitae
- three confidential letters of recommendation
- relevant transcripts from graduate studies