Postdoctoral Fellowships Position in Israel, Weizmann Institute of Science
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Fellowships Position in Israel
Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel invites application for
Postdoctoral Fellowships Position in Israel from eligible and interested candidates
About- Alternative Energy Research at the Weizmann Institute is expanding, with activities spreading over our Chemistry, Physics, Life Sciences and Mathematics departments. Details about SAERI activities may be found in the pages of this website. Postdoctoral Fellowships Position in Israel
Research/Job Area- Energy related scientific fields
Location- Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel
Eligibility/Qualification– Outstanding candidates from abroad, wishing to join a Weizmann research group for exciting research on Energy related scientific fields, are encouraged to apply.
Job/Position Description- SAERI foreign postdocs will be awarded a two-year fellowship, and enjoy a unique opportunity – a third year fellowship (equivalent to the annual fellowship, received for the 2nd year) that can be used either at the Weizmann Institute or anywhere else the applicant wishes. The goal is to enable our postdocs an easy transition to permanent academic positions.
- Up to three SAERI postdoctoral fellowships will be offered annually; the number may exceptionally be increased for applicants that are truly outstanding, based on objective criteria.
- The successful applicant will be awarded a three-year fellowship.
- The level of the fellowship will be identical to other postdoctoral fellowships at the Weizmann Institute of Science.
- Other benefits, for the years that the fellow will be at the Weizmann Institute, include:
– an increase of the PD travel budget (for conferences, work-visits, etc.) to US $4,000/year,
– financial support for 50% of a fellow’s rent (up to a maximum of NIS 2000 NIS/month), in case (s)he does not use Weizmann Institute-provided housing.
- The first two years will be spent in the host laboratory at the Weizmann Institute of Science.
- Toward the end of the second year, the postdoc will inform the host and the SAERI program of his/her intentions for the third year.
- Should the postdoc decide to carry the fellowship to another university, a proof of acceptance to that university should be provided.
- The third year fellowship will be at a level identical to that of the first two years, payable in Israel or anywhere in the world.
- Taxation and other financial issues applicable to a fellowship being paid outside of Israel should be clarified by the candidate.
How to Apply-
- Please fill out the online application forms found at: applying for a postdoctoral fellowship.
- Before submitting the SAERI postdoctoral fellowship application, you should reach an agreement with a host in one the research groups that is / will be active in alternative sustainable energy research. Possible research groups are listed in this site under the research-groups tab. A support letter from your host should be sent by her/him to the addresses indicated below.
- All documents listed above and below should be emailed to Daphna Yahav at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please send the following: support letter from host, online FGS application, detailed CV and LOP, a brief research statement (up to 2 pages) and two letters of recommendation.
- Any new application for an SAERI PD fellowship should include a clear statement explaining/showing that applicant and host have applied, or that they commit to that they will apply, to any possible relevant alternative competitive fellowship and that if they get such fellowship, they will inform SAERI, so as to reduce the financial burden on SAERI.
- In addition, a clear statement from the candidate and host is required to meet the condition that the applicant will come / came to the WIS because of the SAERI program.
- Please note that the subject of each reference letter should include the candidate’s name, followed by the phrase: “SAERI Postdoctoral Fellowship Applicant”.
- All documents should be emailed together (letters of recommendation should be emailed separately, directly by the referees).
- In case the candidate applied or was nominated in the past, or if there is an intention to use documents that may exist in the candidate’s file at FGS, it is necessary to indicate such.
Contact – email@example.comTel: 08-934-2631 Fax: 08-934-4138
Last Date for Apply– Applications for the SAERI Postdoctoral Fellowship are accepted year round. Please send your full applications for review according to the instructions set forth in this page.