Postdoctoral position at Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral position in Chalmers University
Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden invites application for Postdoctoral position in Chalmers University from eligible and interested candidates
About- The project aims to develop 2D transparent array antennas for THz and mmWave sensors and communications by using the 2D graphene technology and quasi-2D nano-mesh film technology. Transparent array antennas have many applications in sensor and communication systems. For example, the windows and lamps of autonomous vehicles can be utilized as the place for antennas in sensors and communication systems to integrate transparent array antennas seamlessly with the aerodynamic and aesthetic requirements for vehicles. Mobile handset’s screen can be also integrated with transparent array antennas for short-distance communications, sensing, and monitoring, such as collecting human being’s data continuously like blood pressure, breath frequency and heartbeat rate, and more. The graphene is a 2D material and has high conductivity at the THz regime, of a transparent form with the single-layer version. Due to the special 2D properties of the graphene, some novel antenna types may be able to be realized, such as IC-integrated antennas. Nano-mesh film technology is a quasi-2D technology with extreme thin silver meshes to have a transparent conducting sheet. Postdoctoral position in Chalmers University
Research/Job Area- Antenna theory and technology, electromagnetics and electronic circuitry
Location- Chalmers University of Technology
The research group is looking for a person who is passionate about research with industry-oriented solutions, open-minded and can perform research in a collaborative in the team. Research group prioritize the following qualifications:
– Ph.D. in relevant areas, such as antenna theory and technology, electromagnetics, and electronic circuitry.
– Inter-disciplinary knowledge on antenna technology, electromagnetics, electronic circuitry, and packaging technology.
– Excellent communication skills in writing as well as in speaking. Fluency in English is an absolute must.
– Recorded ability of publishing on a high academic level
Job/Position Description- Full-time temporary employment. The position is limited to a maximum of two years (1+1).
The objectives of the project are the follows.
i) Investigate and utilize the unique and special radiation properties of 2D graphene at THz, and thereafter propose new configurations for transparent array antennas, as well as investigate the possibility of their integration with active and passive components for transmitter/receiver functionalities.
ii) Design of high efficiency transparent Graphene array antennas at THz for communications and sensors.
iii) Investigate new configurations and capabilities of nano-mesh transparent array antennas at mmWave for autonomous vehicles’ communication and sensing.
iv) Prototyping and experimental verification tests of the selected and most promising 2D transparent antenna solutions.
- This postdoc candidate will carry out independent research in the project with the study of the radiation characteristics of the 2D graphene sheet at THz frequencies, antenna designs, integration with RF electronics, and verifications and measurements.
- In addition, a part of teaching (5% – 10% of the working time) including student tutoring is expected.
- Inter-discipline knowledge on antenna technology, electromagnetics, and graphene are preferred.
- High skills on commercial general electromagnetic solvers, such as CST, HFSS, and ADS, are prioritized.
How to Apply- The application should be marked with Ref 20190295 and written in English. The application should be sent electronically and be attached as pdf-files, as below:
CV:(Please name the document as CV, Surname, Ref. number) including:
• CV, include a complete list of publications
• Previous teaching and pedagogical experiences
• Two references that we can contact.
Personal letter:(Please name the document as Personal letter, Family name, Ref. number) including:
• 1-3 pages where you introduce yourself and present your qualifications.
• Previous research fields and main research results.
• Future goals and research focus. Are there any specific projects and research issues you are primarily interested in?
• Attested copies of completed education, grades, and other certificates.
Please use the button to reach the application form. The files may be compressed (zipped).
Last Date for Apply– 15 June 2020
Employment expected to begin: Autumn/winter 2020