Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Research Fellow at UQ
University of Queensland, Australia invites application for Postdoctoral Research Fellow at UQ from eligible and interested candidates
About- The University of Queensland School of Biomedical Sciences is a distinguished centre for teaching and research in the academic disciplines of Anatomy, Developmental Biology, Physiology, Pharmacology and Pathology. The School has more than 40 full-time research and teaching staff and is one of the largest Schools of its type in Australia. It has links to other prestigious research centres on the St Lucia campus including the Queensland Brain Institute (QBI), the Institute of Molecular Bioscience (IMB) and the Australian Institute for Bio engineering and Nanotechnology (AIBN). Our diverse research provides an exciting environment for national and international research fellows and higher degree students. It is concerned with advancing the understanding of how cellular mechanisms contribute to the function of the human body in health and disease. Postdoctoral Research Fellow at UQ
Research/Job Area- Biomedical Sciences
Location- St Lucia, Australia
In addition to a PhD in a relevant area, we are seeking candidates with the following skills and experience:
- An emerging profile in research in the discipline area.
- Evidence of publications in reputed refereed journals and presenting at conferences.
- Evidence of contributions towards successfully obtaining external research funding.
- Some experience in meaningful internal service roles and contributions towards external activities.
Area:Faculty of Medicine
Salary (FTE):Academic Level A ($69,342.89 – $92,782.26)
Work type:Full Time – Fixed Term
Location: St Lucia
Position Description: PD_Postdoctoral Research Fellow_511992
This is a full-time, fixed term position for two years at Academic level A. The full-time equivalent base salary will be in the range $86,678 – $92,782 plus super of up to 17%.
For further information, please review The University of Queensland’s Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2018-2021.
About This Opportunity
Opportunity to develop your expertise and emerging research profile in your discipline within the School of Biomedical Sciences. You will contribute to service and engagement roles and activities and will be supported and guided by more senior academic research staff and will be expected to undertake duties including, but not limited to:
Develop a coherent research program and an emerging research profile.
- Work with colleagues and postgraduates in the development of joint research projects for competitive research funding support.
- Participate in applications for competitive research funding support.
- Publish or exhibit in high quality outlets (often in collaboration with colleagues).
- Assist in the supervision of Honour student and Higher Degree by Research students (as appropriate)
How to Apply-
To submit an application for this role, use the apply button. All applicants must supply the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Responses to the Selection Criteria
To satisfy pre-requisite questions and ensure your application can be considered in full, all candidates must apply via the UQJobs portal by the job closing deadline. Applications received via other channels including direct email will not be accepted.
For Contact- For application queries, please contact email@example.com stating the job number in the subject line.