Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position in Swinburne University, Australia
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position
Swinburne University of Technology, Australia invites application for Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position from eligible and interested candidates
About- Swinburne is a progressive university that aims to increase Australia’s capacity in science, technology and innovation as the drivers of modern, internationalised economies and workplaces. Our university is focused on high-impact global research, high-quality teaching and active engagement with both industry and the community. Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position
Research/Job Area- Molecular simulation, molecular modelling, computational science
Project Title- Molecular Simulation/Computational Science
Location- Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
To be successful in the role, you will have:
• An earned doctoral qualification in an area appropriate to the role – e.g. in Molecular simulation, molecular modelling, computational science area using complex computer science techniques in analysis.
• Experience in coding scientific problems, resulting in published outcomes.
• Proficiency the C/C++ programming languages/or ability to become proficient quickly.
• Experience in coding molecular simulation algorithms, developing theoretical models and analysing data.
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
Job/Position Description- Research group is seeking to recruit a Post-doctoral Research Fellow with a doctoral qualification physical/theoretical chemistry, physics or a related to participate in an Australian Research Council Discovery Project on Climate Change and Deep Ocean Thermodynamics. The research project, which is in collaboration with researchers at the University of Western Australia (UWA), aims make significant contribution to understanding the role of the world’s oceans on the Earth’s climate. The post-doctoral fellow will have a direct involvement in developing and implementing water models via molecular simulation for the prediction of the thermodynamics, transport and vapor-liquid equilibria properties of seawater, modelled as a multicomponent mixture. The project will involve extensive use of high performance computing and programming experience in C++, or the ability to become quickly proficient, would be an advantage. Knowledge of current climate models is also desirable.
- Molecular Simulation/Computational Science
- Academic Level A, salary from $85,855 + 17% super
- 2 year fixed term contract, Hawthorn based
How to Apply- To view the position description or to start an application click on apply’ at the bottom of this page and submit:
• cover letter (max. 1 page)
• a resume (max. 2 pages)
• response to the Key Selection Criteria (max. 2 pages)
- Start your application by clicking the “begin” button.
- Login to an existing account or reset your password
- View our FAQ section
- View Hints & Tips to help with your application
- Preview Application Form
Further details can be obtained from Professors Richard Sadus ([email protected]) or Billy Todd ([email protected]).
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 15 April 2019