Designation/Position- Program Manager Digital Initiatives
National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Bangalore, invites applications for Program Manager Digital Initiatives.
About- NCBS is a premier research institute with all the necessary facilities that a research scientist may need. Research interests of our faculty members lie in the frontier areas of biology, and the science at NCBS (a part of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research ) uses experimental and computational approaches in the study of molecules, cells and organisms. We aim to understand biology at each level to advance an integrated view of life processes. Our students and faculty members’ talent and drive continue to show us the way to good science. Program Manager Digital Initiatives
- Designation/Position- Program Manager Digital Initiatives
- Research/Job Area- Life Sciences or a clinical qualification
- Location- National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Bangalore
- Job/Position Description-
- How to Apply-
- Last Date for Apply– 30 September 2022
Research/Job Area- Life Sciences or a clinical qualification
Location- National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Bangalore
- PhD in Life Sciences or a clinical qualification.
- Significant prior administrative experience
- Proven communication skills
- Strong time-management and interpersonal skills
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a flexible approach to work
- The ability to analyze, summarize and communicate information
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Additional relevant experience (desirable):
- Prior experience working with Government departments
- A background in stem cell biology, molecular and cell biology
Age Limit for the position: Below 40 years as of 1st July 2022
The position is available from November 2022.
The Bangalore Life Science Cluster comprises NCBS (www.ncbs.res.in), a premier centre for research and teaching in frontier areas of biology, and inStem (http://instem.res.in/), an institute with a research focus on the broad area of stem cell science and regenerative medicine and CCAMP (http://www.ccamp.res.in/), created for enabling research and entrepreneurship at the Cluster and beyond. It is envisioned that synergistic associations at the Cluster will have a far greater impact on life sciences research than the sum of individual contributions from each member institution.
The Program Manager (Stem Cell Program) will be recruited to administer a multi-institutional research program in Stem Cell Biology – the Accelerator program for Discovery in Brain disorders using Stem cells (ADBS) https://www.ncbs.res.in/adbs/home
ADBS is an exciting collaborative and interdisciplinary program that is expected to provide a strong stimulus to research in stem cell biology in India, while building enduring research links between NCBS, inStem and the partner institutions NIMHANS and CiRA, Japan. Key focus areas for this integrated program will be the use of stem cells in research, diagnostics and therapeutics and the creation of a pool of Indian scientists who can work on stem cell technology.
The activities of the program manager will help in the management, monitoring and promotion of the activities of the ADBS program. The role will require coordination between the teams at all participating institutions.
Key duties of the Program Manager (Stem Cell program) will include:
- Project coordination, communicating with scientists and clinicians at the participating institutions
- Working across with the administrative teams at NCBS and other collaborating institutions as needed
- Monitoring expenditure on the grant funding the program, in coordination with the administrative teams
- Organizing meetings for the management board, steering committee and other administrative structures of ABDS.
- Outreach to government departments and external agencies on behalf of the program as needed
- Helping with the generation of project reports for the program
- Facilitating regulatory matters
- Working across with colleagues at the research development office at the Cluster as needed
- Undertaking any other duties that may be required from time to time
How to Apply-
An application package, consisting of the following should be uploaded via the NCBS job portal by a deadline of 30th September 2022.
- Up-to-date CV with names and contact details of two referees
- A one-page description of why you believe you are an appropriate candidate for the role
Step 1: Interested candidates should register ONLINE through the link on our website using a valid email ID.
Step 2: You will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID.
Step 3: Using your ID and password, you can fill in the application by clicking on “Submit Application”
Step 4: Once you fill in the application, you can SAVE or PREVIEW the application. Please Note: Any corrections should be made before you SAVE the application.
Step 5: After SAVE, you can apply by clicking “SUBMIT.”
Step 6: All essential certificate is proof of your qualification, date of birth, experience, caste, etc. It should be uploaded while submitting the Online application.
Note: Please do NOT send hard copies of applications/documents.