RA/SRF/JRF Position in IIT Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
Designation/Position- RA/SRF/JRF Position in IIT
Indian Institute of Technology Indore, MP, India invites application for RA/SRF/JRF Position in IIT from eligible and interested candidates
About- Indian Institute of Technology Indore located in Madhya Pradesh, known as IIT Indore or IITI, is an institute of national importance established by the Government of India in 2009. It is one of the eight new IITs, started by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (India), Government of India. The institution started functioning from 2009-10 in a temporary campus at Institute of Engineering and Technology of Devi Ahilyabai University under mentorship of IIT Bombay. Shri Arjun Singh, the Union HRD minister, laid the foundation of the permanent campus, spread over an area of around 501.42-acre, on 17th February 2009 at Simrol, a location on Khandwa Road about 25 km from the city of Indore.
Research/Job Area- Mechanical/ Manufacturing/ Metallurgy Engineering and Material science
Location- Indian Institute of Technology Indore, MP, India
(i) JRF position: Possessing BE/BTech or equivalent degree with 55% marks and passing of GATE. Age limit: Maximum 28 years.
(ii) SRF position: Possessing (a) BE/BTech degree and at least 2 years of post BE/BTech research/teaching experience as evidenced from published papers in standard refereed journals or,
(b) ME/Mtech or equivalent degree in Engineering/technology. Age limit: Maximum 32 years.
(iii) RA position: Possessing Doctorate (PhD) or equivalent or having 3 years of research, teaching and design and development experience after ME/MTech degree. Age limit: Maximum 35 years.
Age Relxaation: Upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years for SC/ST/OBC/Women and Physically handicapped candidates.
- Candidates having exposure to implementations on FPGA platforms and having good knowledge of Hardware Security or Network Security are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates who desire to pursue a doctoral degree would be given preference for this position.
Applications are invited from motivated and eligible candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) or Senior Research Fellow (SRF) or Research Associate (RA) in a CSIR funded Research Project titled “DPIACCELERATOR: Hardware Accelerators for Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) Applications”.
Objectives of the Project
- The objective of the project is to design and implement hardware accelerators for Deep Packet nInspection (DPI) applications on FPGA platforms.
- The constructions of accelerators must satisfy constraints, such as packet processing at online speed without any delay and congestion, and meeting reconfigurable aspects of FPGA to address network security applications wherein the signature rules are altered frequently.
As per the CSIR norms, the stipend (emoluments per month) for the positions are as follows:
1) JRF position: INR 31000/- + HRA (if hostel accommodation is not provided) + MA
2) SRF position: INR 35000/- + HRA (if hostel accommodation is not provided) + MA
3) RA position: INR 47000/- + HRA (if hostel accommodation is not provided) + MA
Duration: Initial appointment will be for one year, which is extendable up to 2 years solely based on performance.
How to Apply-
- Interested candidates are requested to submit a detailed CV to Dr. Bodhisatwa Mazumdar, Discipline of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Indore, via e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for JRF/SRF/RA position in CSIR Project” latest by October 26, 2020.
- The CV should include details of academic grades starting from X standard onwards with details of year of passing, university or college, etc and also work experience and nature of work if applicable.
- If a candidate has a GATE score, details such as Year of Passing, Discipline, marks, All India Rank and number of candidates appeared should be mentioned in the CV.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
For the selection process (written test and interview):
(a) Only shortlisted candidates will be called.
(b) Shortlisted candidates will be informed by e-mail with the date.
(c) No TA/DA will be paid for appearing.
(d) Documents in support of educational qualifications, BE/BTech/ME/MTech/PhD, and experience certificates (for SRF and RA positions) must be produced at the time of selection process.
Preference will be given to candidates willing to pursue Ph.D degree at IIT Indore.