Designation/Position- Research Associate at ICGEB
International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology , New Delhi, India invites application for Research Associate at ICGEB from eligible and interested candidates
About- The ICGEB is a unique intergovernmental organisation initially established as a special project of UNIDO. Fully autonomous since 1994, it runs 46 state-of-the-art laboratories, in Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa and forms an interactive network with over 65 Member States. ICGEB New Delhi is located within the ICGEB Campus in South Delhi, which comprises an area of approximately 16 acres. It is situated alongside the Jawaharlal Nehru University and the Sanjay Van in a bush forest area and is close to the NII and NIPGR. The Laboratories comprise a main building, a Guest house facility, Bioexperimentation Unit, BSL-3 Facility, and a number of greenhouses for agriculture related research. Research Associate at ICGEB
Research/Job Area- Biotechnology/bioinformatics/ biotechnology/ equivalent
Location- New Delhi
RA-Computational analyses (1 position)
- The applicant should have Ph.D. in bioinformatics/ biotechnology/ equivalent, or have 3 years of research experience after ME/ M.Tech./ M.Pharm.
- Prior experience with Linux, Matlab and R-language will be essential.
- Analysis of NGS data, and experience in FBA, MFA, GSMM will be desirable.
RA-Metabolic Engineering (2 positions)
- The incumbent should have Ph.D. in biotechnology/equivalent or having 3 years of research experience after ME/M. Tech/M.Pharm. Prior experience on molecular biology, metabolite analysis on GC-MS/LC-MS will be essential.
- Experience on GSMM and metabolic engineering will be desirable.
DBT funded positions are available in the Microbial Engineering Group, ICGEB, New Delhi. The positions for three Research Associates are available for one year. These are temporary project positions whose durations are only up to the tenure of the DBT-funded project.
- RA-Computational analyses (1 position)
Job description: The selected candidate will be responsible for performing different kind of computational analysis related to biofuel work in the joint collaboration with Dr. Shams Yazdani and Dr. Shireesh Srivastava. The analysis will include –
- Analysis of NGS data of fungi and bacteria
- Analysis of genome, transcriptome and proteome data
- Development of fungal and bacterial genome scale metabolic model • Performing Flux Balance Analysis of fungal and bacterial species
- Coordinate with team members to analyse the experimental data.
- RA-Metabolic Engineering (2 positions)
Job description: The selected candidate will be responsible for performing metabolic engineering of bacteria (E. coli or Paenibacillus) to produce biofuel molecules, such as butanol, isobutanol, short chain alcohol, etc. The work will include –
- Analysis of Genome Scale Metabolic Models (GSMMs) of these organisms
- Metabolic engineering of the bacteria
- Analysis of internal/external metabolites using GC/MS/FID or LC/MS
Salary: The salary for RA position will be as per DBT/DST norms.
How to Apply-
Interested candidates should email their latest curriculum vitae and cover letter (Cover letter must mention pertinent skills) with detailed description of scientific experience to Dr. Syed Shams Yazdani at firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject “Application for Research Associate Position”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.