Research Associate Position 2019 in University of Virginia, USA
Designation/Position- Research Associate Position 2019
University of Virginia, USA invites application for Research Associate Position 2019 from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics at the University of Virginia (UVA) seeks an immediate DoD funded postdoctoral Research Associate position in the Laboratory of Dr. Bhatnagar for a project focusing on triple negative breast cancer and tumor microimmune environment. The laboratory has broad interest in identification of targetable epigenetic readers, writers and erasers for which are used in large-scale and focused loss-of-function shRNA and CRISPR/Cas9 genetic screens. As well, the lab routinely employs small molecule inhibitors, RNAi, immunotherapies and nanoparticles to generate effective cancer therapies. This particular position is for one year with the possibility to extend for an additional year based on funding and productivity. Research Associate Position 2019
Research/Job Area- Molecular biology, Immunology, cell biology or relevant scientific discipline
Location- Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia, USA
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Postdoctoral employment is temporary and is normally limited to an individual who has been awarded a Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate within the previous five years and who will be involved in full-time research or scholarship at the University.
- Employment as a Postdoctoral Research Associate is viewed as training and is preparatory for a full-time academic or research career, is supervised by a senior scholar, and allows the appointee to publish the results of his/her research or scholarship during the training period.
1) MD and/or PhD in molecular biology, Immunology, cell biology or relevant scientific discipline by appointment start date
2) Experience in Cancer cell biology and general cell signaling
3) Excellent communication skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience with Flow Cytometry, cloning, protein purification and animal handling is highly desirable.
This is a restricted position, continuation is dependent on funding and satisfactory performance.
Review of applications will begin on September 21, 2019, but the position will remain open until filled.
- To support the projects current ongoing activities, research group is seeking a postdoctoral scientist with experience in immunology and molecular biology.
- From the model system perspective, the qualified candidate will have extensive experience in cancer cellular and murine models.
- In addition, experience with immune cells, high throughput sequencing (RNA-seq, ChIP-seq), animal handing and tumor xenografts is highly desirable.
- UVA offers an exciting work environment and the possibility to interact with interdisciplinary research groups.
Post-Docs – 12 Month
1) Participate in planning, designing and executing technical and complex research projects, as assigned under the direction of a supervisor
2) Background in molecular biology, biochemical assays, protein handling
3) Growth and maintenance of mammalian cell cultures
4) Contribute to grant application and publications
5) Proven ability to work in a collaborative research team
How to Apply- EXTERNAL APPLICANTS can apply online and search for requisition # R0010141.
Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, statement of research interests, statement of past projects and publications and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address).
For Contact- Dr. Sanchita Bhatnagar = email@example.com.
For questions regarding the position and project, please contact Dr. Sanchita Bhatnagar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact Michelle Williams, Faculty Search Advisor, at email@example.com.
Last Date for Apply– Until position filled