Designation/Position- Research Associate (RA) at IIT
IIT Roorkee, India, invites applications for Research Associate (RA) at IIT Roorkee from eligible and interested candidates
About- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee is a premier public technical and research university in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India, headed by Director Ajit Kumar Chaturvedi. It is formerly known as the University of Roorkee and Thomason College of Civil Engineering. Research Associate (RA) at IIT
Research/Job Area- Mechanical Engineering
Educational: Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering having CFD-based work in hydro turbine / Pump
OR M Tech in Mechanical Engineering with 3-year experience in CFD for hydro turbine/pump…
Preference will be given to SC/ST candidates on equal qualifications and experience.
Applications are invited from Indian nationals only for project position(s) as per the details given below for the consultancy/research project(s) under Dr Arun Kumar, Principal investigator, Department of Hydro and Renewable Energy, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
Title of project: Research and development of Ultra Low Head (ULH) and Hydrokinetic Turbines and performance prediction of small hydro turbine model/projects
- Sponsor of the project: Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (R&D Division)
- Project position(s) and number: Project Fellow-5 nos. [(a) 2 for ULH turbine development, (b) 2 for Hydro Kinetic turbine development (c) 1- Development of CFD guidelines]
- Emoluments: Project Fellow : Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 1,00,000/- + HRA per month
- Duration: 1 year or up to project completion date (project completion period three years)
- Job description: Setting up of laboratory & design of ULH turbine, CFD simulation & carry out design and model test of ULH turbine, analyzing the data, report preparation Setting up of laboratory & design of hydro kinetic turbine, CFD simulation & carry out design and model test of hydro kinetic turbine, analyzing the data, report preparation Carry out CFD simulation of Francis turbines for development of standard procedure and guidelines and model testing.
- Candidates desiring to appear for the Interview should submit their applications with the following documents to the office of the Principal Investigator through email, by post, or by produce at the time of the Interview:
- Application in plain paper with a detailed CV including chronological discipline of degree/certificates obtained.
- Experience including research, industrial field, and others.
- Attested copies of degree/certificate and experience certificate.
How to Apply-
The last date for application to be submitted to office of Principal Investigator is May 31, 2023 by 5 PM.
Principal Investigator (ARUN KUMAR)
*To be uploaded on the IIT Roorkee website and copy may be sent to appropriate addresses by PI for wider circulation.
Last Date for Apply– 31 May 2023
Find or Post Research Project PositionS – Researchersjob Board