Department Of Biotechnology Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India Biotech Industrial Training Programme (BITP) 2020.21 Under DBT Skill Vigyan.
Designation/Position- DBT-BITP 2020-21
Department Of Biotechnology, India invites application for DBT-BITP 2020-21 from eligible and interested candidates
About- Biotech Industrial Training program (BITP) was initiated in 1993-94 for providing 6 months industrial training to fresh M.Sc./M.Tech biotechnology students. The program has been extended to B.E./B.Tech biotechnology students from 2007. The program is being coordinated by Biotech Consortium India Ltd., New Delhi. BITP provides industry-specific training to Biotech students for skill development and enhancing their job opportunities in biotech industries engaged in R & D, quality control & analysis, production & manufacturing, marketing, regulation and IPR. This program has completed 25 years and has become increasingly popular among students. There is a stringent process for screening and selection through online test and interview by expert committee comprising of representatives from academic and industries. About 25-30% students trained under this program are offered permanent placement. DBT-BITP 2020-21
Research/Job Area- Life Sciences
- B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc./M.Tech./MBA Bio-technology/Bio-informatics and students admitted under DBT supported post-graduate teaching programs.
- Candidates appearing in the final semester/ year examination are also eligible to apply.
- The degree should be from an Indian recognized university with minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade completed in the year 2018 / 2019 or completing in 2020.
CERTIFICATION: After completion of training, trainees will have to undergo an online ‘Assessment conducted by Life Science Sector Skill Development Council (LSSSDC). Trainees who will qualify the ‘Assessment will be awarded “Apprenticeship Certificate” under National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) by LSSSDC.
- Applications are invited from bonafide Indian citizens residing in India for hands-on training in the industry.
- The program provides opportunities to students who have completed their education and intend to start their career in the industry to acquire practical skills and experience working on projects alongside industry experts as well as an opportunity for to industry to identify potential candidates for their human resource requirements.
- The training will be for a period of six months during which stipend will be paid to trainees and bench fees will be paid to companies to cover expenses towards training.
- Requisitions are invited from biotechnology & life sciences companies interested to provide hands-on training for six months.
- The companies will also have to pay a stipend to the trainees as per the apprenticeship norms in addition to the stipend paid by DBT.
How to Apply-
For filling “Requisition Form” please visit www.biotech.co.in. Companies also need to register on www.apprenticeshipindia.org. Life Science Sector Skill Development Council (LSSSDC) will help the companies in registering on the apprenticeship India portal. Trainees would be provided to companies subject to availability.
MODE OF APPLICATION: Students may apply online by visiting website www.biotech.co.in. The details regarding filling of form, payment of application fee and uploading of documents is given on the website.
MODE OF SELECTION: Candidates will be selected through computer-based test conducted in multiple cities/centers. Selection would be subject to meeting the eligibility criteria. Trainer company would be provided subject to availability.
APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON November 3, 2020 at 11:00 am AND CLOSE ON December 3, 2020 at 05:00 pm
For Contact- In case of any query, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org