Postdoc Position in Denmark, Aarhus University Denmark
Designation/Position- Postdoc Position in Denmark
Aarhus University, Denmark invites application for Postdoc Position in Denmark from eligible and interested candidates.
About- A postdoc position focusing on modeling quantitative traits in breeding programs intensively exploiting genomic information is available September 1st, 2019 at the Center for Quantitative Genetics and Genomics (QGG, http://qgg.au.dk/) at Aarhus University. The postdoc will develop models and methods to optimize genomic prediction and estimation of variance components including both genotyped and non-genotyped individuals and on optimum methods to handle genotype by environment interactions. Methods for model evaluation and models comparisons should be developed and implemented. In addition, methods for reducing bias and inflation in genomic prediction of breeding values should be studied. Postdoc Position in Denmark
Research/Job Area- Animal breeding, quantitative genetics, quantitative genomics, statistics or related fields
Project Title- Quantitative Genetics and Genomics
Location- Aarhus University, Denmark
- Ph.D. or equivalent in animal breeding, quantitative genetics, quantitative genomics, statistics or related fields.
- Strong interest in use of highly stochastic models for the analysis of phenotypic and genomic data.
- Proficiency in conducting large-scale computations.
- Good understanding of methods used in genomic prediction and selection for using single step methods complex traits in commercial populations.
- Understanding of commercial breeding programs.
- Good skills in oral and written communication in English.
- Ability to work in a large and diverse group of researchers, and collaborate with national and international partners form research and industry.
There is funding for 2 years of employment.
In case further external funding is procured within the academic area the candidate is estimated obviously qualified for, an extension can be possible for up to a total maximum of 4 years employment as a post doc.
Fixed term full-time position1 Sep 2019 – 31 Aug 2021
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
Last Date for Apply– 16 June 2019