Postdoctoral Fellow- 2019 in Australia, University of New South Wales
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Fellow- 2019 in Australia
University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia invites application forPostdoctoral Fellow- 2019 in Australia from eligible and interested candidates
About- At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. We aspire to be Australia’s global university, improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society. Postdoctoral Fellow- 2019 in Australia, University of New South Wales
The School of Chemical Engineering has been delivering excellent teaching and research for over sixty-five years. The school is ranked in the top 37 (QS World Ranking) in Chemical Engineering.
Research/Job Area- Chemical, Biomedical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science, Pharmacy and Biochemistry or other related fields
Project Title- Two-dimensional (2D) materials
Location- University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia
Selection Criteria for Level A
- Postgraduate degree (or soon to be rewarded) in one of the fields of Chemical, Biomedical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science, Pharmacy and Biochemistry or other related fields.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research with limited supervision
- Demonstrated track record of high-quality research outputs, publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity in at least one of the fields of chemistry, materials science, electronics, optics and biochemistry
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students
- Knowledge of equal opportunity principles
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
Selection Criteria for Level B, in addition to the above, essential criteria for Level B include:
- At least three years of experience in a postdoctoral position conducting research in one of the areas of liquid metals, electronic materials, surface characterisations, plasmonics, device fabrication or biotechnology.
- Strong track record of high-quality publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity
- Demonstrated ability to supervise postgraduate and honours students
Job/Position Description- The University of New South Wales (UNSW) invites post-doctoral researcher level applicants to apply for three positions with the focus on two-dimensional (2D) materials.
The University of New South Wales (UNSW) invites post-doctoral researcher level applicants to apply for three positions with the focus on two-dimensional (2D) materials.
The successful candidates will join the research centre led by Professor Kourosh Kalantar-Zadeh at the Faculty of Engineering. They will work with a group of interdisciplinary scientists on theoretical and experimental research projects in emerging areas on, but not limited to, electronics, plasmonics, and materials science of atomically thin structures. Key interests are topological insulators and superconductors with particular surface states.
- Level A – A$93,578 – A$100,090 + 9.5% superannuation + leave loading
- Level B – A$105,108 – A$123,908 + 9.5% superannuation + leave loading
- 18-month fixed term contract, with possible extension
- Full-time position (35 hours per week)
How to Apply-
For Contact- Professor Kourosh Kalantar-zadeh
Last Date for Apply– 31 March 2019, 11:50pm, Sunday