Postdoctoral Fellowship Position 2019 in MuST, NWU, South Africa
Designation/Position- Postdoctoral Fellowship Position 2019
MuST, NWU, South Africa invites application for Postdoctoral Fellowship Position 2019 from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Multilingual Speech Technologies (MuST) research group creates and applies machine learning technologies in different domains, including speech and language processing. Research group have a long-term aim to better understand and utilise computational learning; and have created a focussed, research-centred environment where both junior and senior researchers can contribute to this goal. MuST forms part of the Faculty of Engineering at North-West University (NWU), South Africa, and is a node of the South African National Centre for Artificial Intelligence Research (CAIR). Postdoctoral Fellowship Position 2019
Research/Job Area- Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics
Location- MuST, NWU, South Africa
● Relevant PhD degree (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics), obtained within five years
before the appointment as a postdoctoral fellow.
● Strong programming and/or scripting skills (especially Python, C++).
● Good technical writing skills and a sound publication record.
● Ability to co-supervise students.
● Self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills.
● Prior machine learning experience is a distinct advantage.
Job/Position Description- If you are the successful candidate, MuST offers you an environment in which to develop your research skills, collaborate and publish internationally, and grow your own research profile. You will work in collaboration with a supervisor and participate fully in the research programme of the group. You will interact with our postgraduate students too, and potentially act as co-supervisor for research masters and doctoral students.
The position is offered at one of two locations: Potchefstroom at the Faculty of Engineering, and Hermanus at the MuST research lab.
The fellowship will be awarded for an initial period of one year, and is renewable for a second and third year, contingent upon available funding, satisfactory performance on the research project(s) as agreed with the fellowship advisor and productive integration into the research group.
● The grant will fund the successful candidate at R300 000.00 per annum, non-taxable.
● A further maximum amount of R20 000 per annum will be made available for running costs.
● An once off amount to a maximum of R20 000 will be made available for relocation costs.
● You will be required to purchase private medical cover unless you can show evidence of suitable existing cover. Assistance in this regard can be provided by the International office.
How to Apply- Send your CV and a short motivation of why you are interested in a postdoctoral fellowship at MuST to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Contact- email@example.com / +27 28 312 1907
Last Date for Apply– Open till filled