Designation/Position- Postdoctoral positions in Spain
Instituto de Física de Cantabria- IFCA, Spain invites application for Postdoctoral positions in Spain from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Institute of Physics of Cantabria (IFCA) is a Joint Centre with the combined effort of two institutions, Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) and University of Cantabria (UC) oriented to perform research on basic science: to understand the components of nature, from elemantary particles (Particle Physics) to the largest structures of the Universe (Astronomy and Space Science) as well as the complex collective behaviour of matter (Statistical and Non-linear Physics). Postdoctoral positions in Spain
Research/Job Area- Science Engineering position
• AGN X-ray Astronomy: Postdoctoral contract to work on the scientific definition of Athena, particularly in the field of extragalactic surveys and AGN science. Contact person: Francisco Carrera, email@example.com
• HL-LHC: Postdoctoral or science engineering contract to work on the development of time and position sensitive semiconductor detectors (TPSD) for the implementation of 4- dimensional tracker and vertex systems at the High-Luminosity Large Hadron Collider. Contact person: Gervasio Gómez, firstname.lastname@example.org
• CMB polarization: Postdoctoral or science engineering contract to work on microwave instrumentation (including design, development, calibration and systematic effects) for CMB experiments including QUIJOTE, the JAXA LiteBIRD mission and the future European Low Frequency Survey. Contact person: Enrique Martínez-González, email@example.com
• EOSC: Postdoctoral or science engineering contract to work on Implementing Advanced Computing Techniques in the European Open Science Cloud. Contact persons: David Rodriguez, firstname.lastname@example.org; Álvaro López, email@example.com.
• CORDEX: Postdoctoral or science engineering contract to work on Data Science techniques applied to regional climate analysis. Contact person: José Manuel Gutiérrez, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dark Universe: Postdoctoral contract to work on the hidden nature/constituents of the Universe, exploiting synergies between the Cosmology/Astrophysics and Particle Physics groups. Contact persons: José M. Diego, email@example.com; Rocío Vilar, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Data Science: Postdoctoral or science engineering contract to work on Data Science techniques applied to Big Data in Open Science. Contact persons: Lara Lloret, email@example.com; Fernando Aguilar, firstname.lastname@example.org
Location- María de Maeztu Unit, Instituto de Física de Cantabria- IFCA, Spain
Job/Position Description- Up to 7 Postdoctoral and Science Engineering positions on a number of fields (Particle Physic, Astrophysics, Cosmology, Computing Science, and Climate) connected to the prioritized research lines detailed below.
The successful candidates will be contracted for up to 3 years with a gross annual salary in the range 34100-41600€, depending on experience.
The positions also include additional funds for travelling and stays in other research centres.
The starting date is negotiable. This call will be open until all positions are covered with a suitable candidate.
How to Apply- Applications must be sent to email@example.com including a CV, publication record, a brief description of relevant experience and research interests, and arrange for three recommendation letters.
For Contact- For specific questions about each research line please contact the corresponding contact person. For general inquiries please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date for Apply– 01 June 2019
A first deadline to review the applications received is set to 01/06/2019.